Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
AidanVonLoopy
Post subject: Alternate Universe Swiss "Crap Class" river monitorPosted: December 26th, 2015, 1:39 am
[ img ]

Hey everyone!

Well, say hello to my river monitor. The idea was to have a small patrol vessel, more to keep peace in rowdy situations. The alternate history situation was to be where a "Swiss River Navy" or something akin to it was developed. But, my skills leave much to be desired, as one of my friends put it. "A ship only a mother could love"

However, if I can learn to draw pixel-art uniforms, then I can learn to draw SB style ships! I welcome the coming criticisms.

Thank you!

~Aidan

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Swiss "Crap Class" river monitorPosted: December 26th, 2015, 11:01 am
Overall idea of Swiss River Navy is interesting, but indeed you need to work on "some" elements. ;)

Ship is heavy on the bow, you will "dive" when you will put it on the water, rear turret don't have the space under it to be even mounted and... why it face forward and not backward? Let me show you some very good real river monitors we have here, look at them and learn. ;)

http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201930.png

http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201939.png

And remember about scale, river monitors are rather small ships. Your is rather "large".

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Alternate Universe Swiss "Crap Class" river monitorPosted: December 27th, 2015, 9:28 am
Actually it's the Polish monitors that were relatively small and I say that overall size can be ok (look into Archive for, say Austro-Hungarian or Russian monitors to compare), but that would still depend on which exactly rivers they would have to operate.
Other concerns raised by Rhade remain completely valid, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: