Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Kokia
Post subject: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 5:08 am
Hello everybody, I'm new. I made this a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to make an account until recently. Here is my first ship, it's the Japanese Gunboat Hashidate as it appears in the popular video game World of Warships. I'm not sure how historically accurate it is, the historical references I found online did not have the bamboo railing and a slightly different gun on the rear, but I decided to model it after the in game version because I think the bamboo railling looks cute, and because it's handy having a 3d model to look at.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 6:48 am
Nice! very nice!

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 7:39 am
Moved to proper subforum.

In general, the real design section is intended for real desing and By thus nessecating maxium ammount of reality and loyality to the original refernces. Naturally all game/fiction related versions belongs to other sections of the forum. Since there are also other small issues on the drawing, I decided to move it here, where its easier to get peer-judgement and instructions from our active memberbase.

Other than that, it is a good start and welcome to SB

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 12:47 pm
I think what you're referring to as "bamboo railing" is actually rolled up bedding or cloth (not sure) to provide additional splinter protection to personnel on the bridge and the gun crews of the no.2 gun. Perhaps our IJN experts can confirm.

I've just started playing WoWS myself and have to say the attention to detail shown on the models in-game is commendable. I wish the game wasn't such a grind, though... I don't have a lot of free time as it is and to get to the higher levels is a time investment I don't think I can handle... :/

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 1:47 pm
Yes, I confirm they are canvas bags, usually arranged around bridges an open gun platform to provide extra splinter protection.
Here is a photo snapped on board Akagi as an example.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 2:57 pm
A nice reminder that while video games are fun, this was a deadly serious business... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 3:41 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Yes, I confirm they are canvas bags, usually arranged around bridges an open gun platform to provide extra splinter protection.
Here is a photo snapped on board Akagi as an example.
Bedding as splinter protection does appear on some other ships in game, but the Hashidate definitely has bamboo. It's hard to mistake it for anything else at full resolution.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 3:53 pm
The main gun is 120mm/45 Type 3 in configuration of a twin forward an a single mount aft.

The type 3 haven't been drawn with a turret around, but the gun itself are drawn in the part-sheet. But the type 10 mod C is closed to the Type 3 with turret. (part-sheet bellow)
It also have two 25mm/60 type 96 (twin). That one is drawn in the part-sheet bellow:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 6:19 pm
I'm changing the guns and making a version without the railing. What about the AA guns?

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: April 21st, 2016, 6:38 pm
The machine guns should be a partially shielded twin 25mm machine gun mount.
The main guns are actually 120mm/45 Type 10, not Type 3. The twin mount is drawn (A2), although it is just the unshielded one. The twin shielded A2 should look similar to the single B2 mount however.

Anyway, the Equipment of the Hashidate class appeared to be an area of the IJN weapons I've not had researched upon yet.

edit: One nitpick. Looking at the drawing it appears that the drawing has been scaled to an overall length of 78,5m (258ft). That was instead the waterline length, the overall should be 80,5m (264ft). This leads to a 12 pixel discrepancy in shipbucket scale.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: