Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Hexelarity
Post subject: MLX-1 A New type of shipPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 6:37 am
Disclaimer! THIS IS MY FIRST SHIP EVER

Basiaclly the ship is a simple Combat ship. Its white because i didnt find a good enough blue, but anyways it has 2 decent cannon's and 4 ASW's, the name of this ship is MLX-1 MLX-2 coming soon.

[ img ]

Please give feed back and tips, please no insults im new to this.

Parts on this ship were found on the parts section on the main site, all credit is given to the Artists of those part's thanks!

Last edited by Hexelarity on April 23rd, 2016, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: My First ShipPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 8:21 am
Hello!
First of all some more "formal" things: hull and superstructure etc. etc. should have some color, secondly - even on such early-stage WiP using a proper template is suggested, and thirdly, the propeller You have used, while still wanders around the website, it's horribly outdated and rather don't use it, and lastly - bridge windows (as well as any other porthole) should have black outline and rather should be blue (unless there is a genuine reason for it not to be - and since it's beginner drawing there don't seem to be such reason).

And more to the point: that boat is too low (relative to waterline and to what would happen to it when ship is underway, esp. in rough waters), shape of the superstructure doesn't make too much sense, to be honest, and suggest it would be horribly top heavy, that crane is there... well... what for?, forward gun is rather too much forward, and generally You have one of the more advanced radars available for armament set that makes essentialy no use of it - while at the same time lack of any other aerial sensors (which in real world would be there).

I suggest You try looking here, to a (sadly incomplete) guide prepared some time ago by Acelanceloet and me for just situations like these. Try to analize shapes and proportions of hulls and superstructures as well as equipment.
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=5&t=3743

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: My First ShipPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 8:24 am
eswube wrote:
Hello!
First of all some more "formal" things: hull and superstructure etc. etc. should have some color, secondly - even on such early-stage WiP using a proper template is suggested, and thirdly, the propeller You have used, while still wanders around the website, it's horribly outdated and rather don't use it, and lastly - bridge windows (as well as any other porthole) should have black outline and rather should be blue (unless there is a genuine reason for it not to be - and since it's beginner drawing there don't seem to be such reason).

And more to the point: that boat is too low (relative to waterline and to what would happen to it when ship is underway, esp. in rough waters), shape of the superstructure doesn't make too much sense, to be honest, and suggest it would be horribly top heavy, that crane is there... well... what for?, forward gun is rather too much forward, and generally You have one of the more advanced radars available for armament set that makes essentialy no use of it - while at the same time lack of any other aerial sensors (which in real world would be there).

I suggest You try looking here, to a (sadly incomplete) guide prepared some time ago by Acelanceloet and me for just situations like these. Try to analize shapes and proportions of hulls and superstructures as well as equipment.
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=5&t=3743
Thanks for the reply and tips, its much appreciated, i orginially didnt know a good blue and i thaught it would be neccescary to use the best radar for the CIWS and Autocannons for more accuracy and stablility

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: MLX-1 A New type of shipPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 8:45 am
Any blue taken from a drawing from an established SB artist would be fine.
For such simple armament set there many simpler and cheaper radars. This one is like buying 18-wheel truck for shopping trips to the nearest supermarket around the corner.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: MLX-1 A New type of shipPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 8:56 am
Firstly welcome to Shipbucket mate. I concur with my collegues about the use of colours with your designs. Having just an outline will not do your design any justice. Experiment with the different shades people here use and I am sure you will come up with something to your liking.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: MLX-1 A New type of shipPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 4:09 pm
LEUT_East wrote:
Firstly welcome to Shipbucket mate. I concur with my collegues about the use of colours with your designs. Having just an outline will not do your design any justice. Experiment with the different shades people here use and I am sure you will come up with something to your liking.
Thank you, i found some shades of blue and im going to use them for my MLX-2.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: