No  100%  [ 1 ]
Please for the love of god make a new MLX-3  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 1
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: MLX-3 A Actually good shipPosted: May 12th, 2016, 12:15 am
Colosseum wrote:
Stop talking about "insults".

What does "MLX" stand for?

The ship is an improvement. I can't really give you any more advice other than to just look at some modern ship drawings and use them to understand detailing and the like. Here's a link to one I did a while back (I'm no expert on modern ships but this was a modification of other folks' design for an AU): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/161 ... r%20V2.png
That ship looks amazing, but thanks for the some what advice. And MLX doesent stand for anything. Just a series name of ships. Next series name will have a meaning.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: MLX-3 A Actually good shipPosted: May 12th, 2016, 12:19 am
I only improved by looking at the designs others had drawn and learning from them. Unfortunately that's really the only advice I can give...

"MLX-4" almost sounds like a hull code (the same way the USN has DD, BB, SS, etc). If it's a destroyer just give it a name based on the country/military it would be serving in. British ships use names taken from mythology as well as "meaningful words" (Ajax, Bellerophon, Swiftsure, Vanguard, Dauntless, etc). American ships are generally named for states, cities, or military heroes (Texas, Houston, John C. Butler, etc). I have no idea how Soviet ships are named unfortunately. If your fictional operator of this ship is based off one of those places then you can pick a similarly-sounding name.

It also doesn't really need a name to begin with. You can just call it "Guided Missile Destroyer Design Study" if you want. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: MLX-3 A Actually good shipPosted: May 12th, 2016, 12:35 am
Colosseum wrote:
I only improved by looking at the designs others had drawn and learning from them. Unfortunately that's really the only advice I can give...

"MLX-4" almost sounds like a hull code (the same way the USN has DD, BB, SS, etc). If it's a destroyer just give it a name based on the country/military it would be serving in. British ships use names taken from mythology as well as "meaningful words" (Ajax, Bellerophon, Swiftsure, Vanguard, Dauntless, etc). American ships are generally named for states, cities, or military heroes (Texas, Houston, John C. Butler, etc). I have no idea how Soviet ships are named unfortunately. If your fictional operator of this ship is based off one of those places then you can pick a similarly-sounding name.

It also doesn't really need a name to begin with. You can just call it "Guided Missile Destroyer Design Study" if you want. ;)
For its standard name it will be ''ODIN''

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: MLX-3 A Actually good shipPosted: May 12th, 2016, 2:48 am
ATTENTION.

THE MLX-4 HAS BEEN RELEASED CHECK OUT THAT THREAD!

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: MLX-3 A Actually good shipPosted: May 12th, 2016, 3:21 pm
Hexelarity: Glad you're doing ships from scratch but really there's no need for poll's nor "SHOUTING LOUD" at this moment. My advise is to listen (or read in this context) at first. ;) But do go on; there are good features in your designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: MLX-3 A Actually good shipPosted: May 12th, 2016, 11:10 pm
sebu wrote:
Hexelarity: Glad you're doing ships from scratch but really there's no need for poll's nor "SHOUTING LOUD" at this moment. My advise is to listen (or read in this context) at first. ;) But do go on; there are good features in your designs.
Thanks its much appreciated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: