Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Shigure
Post subject: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 18th, 2016, 9:34 am
[ img ]

Last edited by Shigure on June 24th, 2016, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ABetterName
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 18th, 2016, 9:55 am
I think you'll find that it's a real design. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derzky-class_destroyer

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 18th, 2016, 10:22 am
I realized this actually. I took pictures from the game and thought I was drawing another fictional destroyer, but I later found out I was drawing a different ship.

My mistake.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 18th, 2016, 9:57 pm
Your name ship, the class leader actually never flew the Soviet ensign, which, anyway, till 1935 looked very much different from the "modern" one you have flying at the Derzky's gaff. The Derzky herself belonged to the forlorn, homeless Wrangel fleet that was interned at Bizerte. Tunisia. in 1922, and scrapped in 1935.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 18th, 2016, 10:19 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Your name ship, the class leader actually never flew the Soviet ensign, which, anyway, till 1935 looked very much different from the "modern" one you have flying at the Derzky's gaff. The Derzky herself belonged to the forlorn, homeless Wrangel fleet that was interned at Bizerte. Tunisia. in 1922, and scrapped in 1935.
Alright thanks. I'll correct that ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 18th, 2016, 11:34 pm
TristanAlting wrote:
I realized this actually. I took pictures from the game and thought I was drawing another fictional destroyer, but I later found out I was drawing a different ship.

My mistake.

World of warship, just like World of tanks, it consist of:
- Real ships
- Concepts that had a chance to be build (so called paper ships)
- Ships that was planned to be build, but canceled

There are no fictional ships dreamed up by the World of Warship community. If an country have designed it, planned to build or build it. It's in World of Warship or going to be there.

For me I find it funny how long time they use on the British ships, but it might come down to how complex some of the British ships can be sometimes, but with the "Sandbox" they introduce to WOT, that most likely would come in to WOW also... things might go faster.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 19th, 2016, 8:10 am
heuhen wrote:
TristanAlting wrote:

My mistake.

World of warship, just like World of tanks, it consist of:
- Real ships
- Concepts that had a chance to be build (so called paper ships)
- Ships that was planned to be build, but canceled

There are no fictional ships dreamed up by the World of Warship community. If an country have designed it, planned to build or build it. It's in World of Warship or going to be there.

For me I find it funny how long time they use on the British ships, but it might come down to how complex some of the British ships can be sometimes, but with the "Sandbox" they introduce to WOT, that most likely would come in to WOW also... things might go faster.
Either some of the names were made up or everything was in Russian and I couldn't find any references to some of the ships I was looking for.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 19th, 2016, 8:59 am
Names a real, it is just that finding information on russian ship can be quit hard on the internett... but if you know where to look.

Wargaming, they have there own team, that visit that country's own archive, there are the information that will never see the daylight... but you can read them.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 20th, 2016, 9:52 pm
Well, my friend, you have yourself a good Real Life design going. Why not stick with that one, instead of jumping from "tree to tree" so to speak? Research it further! I helped you ID the history of that ship. You can find good samples of the Imperial Russian St Andrew's Saltire flag scattered around our community for your fair use! Then ask, if you don't know, other, more knowledgeable members about the features of the ship itself. Maybe Golly can assist? He's an expert in Russian/Soviet ships. My expertise lies primarly with cruisers and battleships, not so much destroyers!

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Russian Destroyer DerzkiPosted: June 21st, 2016, 6:48 am
TristanAlting wrote:
This is a destroyer from the game World of Warships.

[ img ]
Is it a WIP?
Otherwise it's misses a propeller

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: