Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Raiden CX-13
Post subject: Gen. Martín Teófilo Delgado Class ASW CorvettePosted: July 5th, 2016, 2:39 pm
Hi ladies and gentlemen! :D This is officially my first Shipbucket drawing (technically I just edited it haha 8-) ) (my first was like 5 years ago and it frustrated me). Anyway, this ship is actually an upgraded ASW version of Taiwan's Tuo Chiang class built for the Philippine Navy for its ASW corvette requirement.

Any suggestions (especially on the fire control radar, surface/air search radar and the SAM system) are welcomed!

[ img ]

"A ruler that has but an army has one hand, but he who has a navy has both."
~Peter the Great

Last edited by Raiden CX-13 on July 5th, 2016, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raiden CX-13
Post subject: Re: Gen. Martín Teófilo Delgado Class ASW CorvettePosted: July 5th, 2016, 3:14 pm
Can anyone identify what 3D radar I used? Hahaha I just plucked it out from the Radar Sheet.

~Peter the Great

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Gen. Martín Teófilo Delgado Class ASW CorvettePosted: July 5th, 2016, 4:59 pm
That's the Mk1 SMART-S, if I'm not mistaken.

I admit I struggle to identify what, exactly, would allow this corvette to perform ASW duties.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raiden CX-13
Post subject: Re: Gen. Martín Teófilo Delgado Class ASW CorvettePosted: July 6th, 2016, 8:08 am
There is an ASW helo (subs hate ASW helos, I guess) and as with the original Tuo Chiang class, there is a pair of Mk 32 launchers, one in the port and another in the starboard. There is also the hull mounted and the towed array sonar.

~Peter the Great

[Profile] [Quote]
Raiden CX-13
Post subject: Re: Gen. Martín Teófilo Delgado Class ASW CorvettePosted: July 6th, 2016, 8:09 am
I wonder sometimes, how do catarmans or for that matter multi-hull ships mount sonar. Hmmm...

Or is hull mounted sonar even feasible for a multi-hull ship?

~Peter the Great

[Profile] [Quote]
Raiden CX-13
Post subject: Re: Gen. Martín Teófilo Delgado Class ASW CorvettePosted: July 6th, 2016, 8:44 am
Update: Corvette is fitted with Wildcat ASW helo instead of the Super Lynx ASW helo.

[ img ]

~Peter the Great

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: