Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
robertino
Post subject: tutorial?Posted: July 18th, 2016, 9:25 am
:?:

greeting

I'm new to the forum and would like to learn how to make ships, tanks and planes in fd scale.

that you can write or make a video tutorial?

thank you

excuse my bad English, and if I put the topic in the wrong place

Greetings from Rijeka (HR)

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 18th, 2016, 10:36 am
As for me, there is nothing special in drawing in SB or FD scale. Just google for pixel art tutorials and learn to draw pixel art. You must first understand the basic rules of drawing lines, shapes, lighting and shading.
Specific rules can be found here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 19th, 2016, 11:25 am
https://youtu.be/OBsElvqfjfs One video exists for hull shading

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
robertino
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 19th, 2016, 11:41 am
thx

which the program better, photoshop, paint or other

P.S. I usually work in Photoshop

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 19th, 2016, 1:01 pm
Any programm you like.

[Profile] [Quote]
robertino
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 19th, 2016, 2:37 pm
thx @Keisser and @Rodondo

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 19th, 2016, 4:15 pm
I would start with Paint, since it is the easiest one of them all, then go over to more advanced software, when you start to understand how to draw a Shipbucket drawing.

The nice thing with Photoshop, is working with layers. For example you draw after an blueprint of an ship, and when you are finish drawing, you just remove that layer the blueprint is on.

remember to make sure you have anti-aliazzzzzzing turned off, and save you drawing as an PNG-file before hanging it up on the wall here in Shipbucket. But the file you are working on can be saved as an BMP-file.

JPG-file is a BIG NONO!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 19th, 2016, 7:49 pm
Alternatively Paint.NET is a downloadable program that allows layers, while still retaining the basic tools of PaintXP (which, if you do use paint, is the better choice).
The best way to start is to start. Some people start by modifying other people's ships (which must have proper crediting) or by just starting from scratch. A lot of people insist that drawing a real life ship is the best way to get started, as that not only introduces you to the drawing aspect, but also the technical aspect of ship design.
Drawing is not something you can learn overnight. It is something that takes a lot of practice and patience. Me? I've been a part of this forum for 7(?) years, I believe, and I'm still improving my drawings and I've just now settled on a somewhat consistent drawing style.
You just gotta start.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 20th, 2016, 6:13 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Alternatively Paint.NET is a downloadable program that allows layers, while still retaining the basic tools of PaintXP
I do use Paint.NET too, Photoshop is too complicated for me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: tutorial?Posted: July 20th, 2016, 8:09 am
Any pixel based drawing program will do.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: