After some internal debate and mental gymnastics I decided to keep the forward VLS configuration and forward section the way they are currently, but reduce the centerline cells to tactical length. Strike length cells are only needed to carry the SM-3, and having 192 strike cells at the back is more than enough. So, the SM-3 has been removed from above the forward VLS. After erik's pictures of the VLS blowing out I did somewhat want to edit the configuration, but I had no base for it and also had some concerns due to the angled shape of the Yamato's forward upper hull even with the lengthened forward section. The JMSDF only employs the Mk 41, not any of the other ones, and all of the cells on their destroyers are grouped on the ship's centerline. Despite the lengthened and reshaped forward section being stupid, impractical, and too expensive to be used in reality, I decided to keep it because I felt its benefits were too good to pass up. Plus, "stupid, impractical, and too expensive to be used in reality" pretty adequately describes the entire design, so it's not like you can blame me for being inconsistent.
And the new B-Side:
Other changes include adding extra shading to the hull, bulges, and 5" guns. Hull and bulge shading are mostly below waterline. Hull shading was taken mostly from Erusia Force's Kure Yamato.
Changed the way the main battery looks to resemble the Iowa-class. Blast bags or whatever they're called changed to black, detailing on barrel added (from Paul 2012's New Jersey 1983 drawing), and life rafts removed from main battery turrets.
RAMs and ESSMs added above launchers and VL-ASROC added along with sonar in bulbous bow. Type 68 (license produced version of the Mk 32 SVTT) torpedo tubes added. Type 68s are located far to the aft of the boat hangar to not cause interference with boat operations. I was also a bit worried about spray and wave damage after apdsmith's comment about the SeaRAM which used to be mounted this low, so a bit of shielding has been added to the front and rear.
Changed the boat hangar edge to be more angular and more consistent with the rest of the ship, screws changed to the version in Erusia Force's Kure version, and other slight hull detailing edits added. Ship prefix also changed from JDS to JS because I never got the memo that they started using JS in 2008.