Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
kreamyfugu
Post subject: Nanchang A-6BPosted: November 30th, 2016, 1:12 am
This is my first FD scale drawing of a whifcraft, the Nanchang A-6B ('Fruitcase B') multi-role combat aircraft. Enjoy, hope you like it. :?

[ img ]
The military variant(s) were classified as "A-6".

From dizzyfugu's background information:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzyfugu ... 092184297/

"This is a whif, but the Nanchang Q-6 was actually developed until 1989 – even though it never entered any service. It was over-ambitious and a dead end, overtaken by technological advances and the fact that Chinese development used to take decades rather than years."

"The Q-6 program was initiated in the mid-1970s when, during the Battle of the Paracel Islands in 1974, the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) and People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force (PLANAF) proved incapable of ground support missions. Due to the lack of modern avionics and ground infrastructure to support a modern air war, Chinese aircraft suffered navigation and other logistics problems that severely limited their performance. The first Chinese aircraft did not actually reach the islands until several hours after the battle was over."

Current FD Projects:

Never Build Designs:

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Nanchang A-6BPosted: November 30th, 2016, 2:26 pm
First at all Welcome to the Bucket Kreamyfugu.

Must say as a modelbuilder my self great looking model.

What abouth your drawing you have made , it need a little bit more work to look like the model.

You must remove the out lining of the old air intake from the Mig 27. As you cant see those line's at the model

And i think you need to rais the whole front to get that nice curved line from the model behind the cockpit

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Nanchang A-6BPosted: November 30th, 2016, 3:34 pm
Welcome to Shipbucket!
I'm sadly not up to scratch on the FD planes, but the kitbash looks well executed. The plane itself, now...
Not to complain, but the proportions make the front part look much smaller than the rest. Maybe it's only the Mig-23's fat rear end showing up, maybe the fuselage is longer due to the meshing of both aircraft.
As pegasus206 mentioned, there is some work left on the intake area, which could also allow you to move the nose section back and shorten the whole fuselage.

[Profile] [Quote]
kreamyfugu
Post subject: Re: Nanchang A-6BPosted: November 30th, 2016, 7:05 pm
citizen lambda wrote:
Welcome to Shipbucket!
I'm sadly not up to scratch on the FD planes, but the kitbash looks well executed. The plane itself, now...
Not to complain, but the proportions make the front part look much smaller than the rest. Maybe it's only the Mig-23's fat rear end showing up, maybe the fuselage is longer due to the meshing of both aircraft.
As pegasus206 mentioned, there is some work left on the intake area, which could also allow you to move the nose section back and shorten the whole fuselage.
I see what you mean, I'll try my best to make a revision as soon as possible.

(P.S: I'm not too sure what the deal is with the proportions, I'll take a look at the reference information. My mistake.)

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Current FD Projects:

Never Build Designs:

[Profile] [Quote]
kreamyfugu
Post subject: Re: Nanchang A-6BPosted: November 30th, 2016, 7:09 pm
pegasus206 wrote:
First at all Welcome to the Bucket Kreamyfugu.

Must say as a modelbuilder my self great looking model.

What abouth your drawing you have made , it need a little bit more work to look like the model.

You must remove the out lining of the old air intake from the Mig 27. As you cant see those line's at the model

And i think you need to rais the whole front to get that nice curved line from the model behind the cockpit
I see the errors, thank you for your constructive criticism!

Current FD Projects:

Never Build Designs:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: