Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1418 »
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 12:44 am
Edited

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 4th, 2019, 7:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 12:51 am
D

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 22nd, 2019, 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 1:36 am
Krakatoa wrote: *
Unfortunately while the placing of boats may not be ascetically pleasing, the Americans did it for 15-20 years with their carriers and I would think one of those German Naval Attaches may have noticed this and passed it on to the Kriegsmarine.
I stand corrected, Krak!

Cargil, I LOVE that DD design!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 10:10 am
Nice destroyer!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 10:21 am
Dont forget credits! Otherwise keep up the good work

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 11:09 am
emperor_andreas wrote: *
Krakatoa wrote: *
Unfortunately while the placing of boats may not be ascetically pleasing, the Americans did it for 15-20 years with their carriers and I would think one of those German Naval Attaches may have noticed this and passed it on to the Kriegsmarine.
I stand corrected, Krak!

Cargil, I LOVE that DD design!
Thanks, mate, then I will continue the work on it and explaining step by step how the ship is laid out and built and for what purpose. Always having in mind the technical aspects of the time BUT, repeating myself here, what by end 1939/beginning 1940 Germany could have achieved IF the new inventions had been object of governmental support in funding them and the experiments needed to evolve. Be it on the side of high pressure steam turbines, radar, radar guided fire-controls or whatever. And I like the interest this subject is beginning to have here! Thanks to all! And naming me, you can call me by my name, Carlos.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 11:15 am
Gollevainen wrote: *
Thanks! I just posted yesterday the design I had already in my archives only to show what's already on the pipeline and I uploaded it as it is right now... The next evolution of the DD will have the proper credits.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 11:21 am
One thing which goes inside my mind: WW II ships had already sonar. These devices, as we know, serve to detect underwater objects, mainly subs. BUT, would it be correct in the timeline of this AU to place a "forward scanning sonar array" in a bulbuous bow of a ship, able to detect mines floating near the surface in front of the ship? If yes, we could "invent" a bundle of forward throwing launching tubes with a range of, say, half a mile or a quarter of a mile, throwing water bombs equipped with a magnetic detonation devices. These bombs would be launched into the area in which the forward scanning sonar had detected a mine floating, making it to explode, right? These launchers existed, that's known, but would it be feasible to combine the sonar with those launchers? If yes, even only by a chance of 50% plausibility, that would be one of the major tasks of "my" DD presented above.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 12:36 pm
I could imagine a German equivalent to British ASDIC and why not Germans placed it in bow like you say above or under hull. Both positions could be tried out.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 31st, 2019, 12:44 pm
Cargil48 wrote: *
Gollevainen wrote: *
Thanks! I just posted yesterday the design I had already in my archives only to show what's already on the pipeline and I uploaded it as it is right now... The next evolution of the DD will have the proper credits.
The Shipbucket rules about crediting applies to all drawings posted in our website, forum and discord server, simple "next version will have them" wont do, you need Place credits to all drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1418 »

Jump to: