Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Mauser
Post subject: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 16th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Greetings,this is my heavy cruiser Zlatibor. A week ago i began to search for picture of warships and found the Ships in Shipbucket style.

I found the Shipbucketstyle Ashigara, removed everything except the hull. And started everything from my own. The guns the superstructure everything custom. The Plane is an edited Rogožarski IK-3 fighter to an reconnaissance plane. The shafting and the rudder is also edited.

(also this is my first drawing,i started to draw this before i found the site directly)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Heavy cruiser ZlatiborPosted: February 17th, 2019, 9:39 pm
Nice first try Nikolai ! :) One point to discuss: What is the caliber of your main turrets ? 203 mm (8 inchs) ? Because I think that the size of your turrets are a little bit too much. They seem too heavy and huge in proportion of the ship, even if is a ship of japan style...

HMCS Bonaventure CVL-22 and later alterations
Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Heavy cruiser ZlatiborPosted: February 17th, 2019, 10:09 pm
paul_541 wrote: *
Nice first try Nikolai ! :) One point to discuss: What is the caliber of your main turrets ? 203 mm (8 inchs) ? Because I think that the size of your turrets are a little bit too much. They seem too heavy and huge in proportion of the ship, even if is a ship of japan style...
Thanks,I say those are twin 203 mm guns. The turrets look huge i know. But i like the oversized turrets here. For the future i will make smaller turrets for sure,thats where you are right. Japan style yes because i used japanese ships for inspiration and of course the hull from ashigara

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 18th, 2019, 1:32 am
This is an German 280mm gun:
[ img ]

compared to you'r 203mm gun... at the moment, your ship will capsize, when it see water...

Shipbucket is an forum that try to do thing close to reality as possible, even when doing a fantasy drawing, although we have a non-shipbucket section, an this ship is in between non-shipbucket and shipbucket drawing. so members will react differently, just an observation I have done.

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 20th, 2019, 7:14 am
Very low freeboard forward, which would result in a very wet ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
admiral_snow
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 20th, 2019, 7:47 am
Top heavy. Since it's a cruiser, ideal would be 6 or 8-inch main batteries. The freeboard is also very low, few waves would sink the ship ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 20th, 2019, 5:23 pm
Yes, she has very low freeboard. Adriatic sea is shallow, except in south (Otranto Straits) and has fairly high and short waves in windy days, like Aegean Sea. Look in WW2 Italian cruisers of similar size for ideas.

You can also look my AU Nikiforos Fokas Missile Cruiser. She is a 1970's designed ship, for East Mediterannean and Aegean (Hellenic Kingdom AU). My cruiser freeboard is almost the same with CGN Virginia.

If your ship is a battlecruiser, she can have 280mm guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 27th, 2019, 6:53 pm
I made the guns a bit smaller, the guns shoukld look not so heavy now

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 27th, 2019, 7:08 pm
They are still 5 times to big!

[Profile] [Quote]
admiral_snow
Post subject: Re: [Personal Design] Yugoslavian heavy cruiserPosted: February 28th, 2019, 7:00 am
Still top heavy. I suggest moving to a smaller caliber main battery, and the freeboard is still very low.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: