Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
jjx indoweeb
Post subject: Buitenhauer LeeuwerijkPosted: June 2nd, 2020, 3:18 pm
[ img ]
first shipbucket post, ive done it a few days ago but just uploaded now because i am confused on how to upload this.

This is an attacker aircraft with a 24-cylinder engine behind the pilot to provide unrestricted(ish) front view, and a fully armoured cockpit (i guess its like a hs 219 cockpit)
time period is somewhere around 1938-1945. supposed to be an aircraft from a fictional country but i drew it with raf camo because i havent came up with a good fictional one.
the main inspiration for the design is the westland F.7/30 which i will probably draw later

much criticism is expected, as the camouflage could be inaccurate or maybe some errors here and there.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Buitenhauer LeeuwerijkPosted: June 5th, 2020, 11:07 am
Hello and welcome to the Shipbucket.
It's a perfectly decent drawing, and I don't see any really serious issues with it.
Design-wise I probably wouldn't want to fly it, because it just has a feel of having funny flight characteristics, but that's just it.
Drawing-wise, the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer looks strange and shading suggest it's almost as wide as the fuselage in the center and has two deep cavities (?) in it. Speaking of fuselage - the "brighter" stripe along the top edge looks too wide and suggests that fuselage doesn't get more narrow towards the tail. Also, the tail wheel strut and propeller blades look bit crude. And as for the camouflage - IMHO colours are too intense, but on some old FD drawings people used similar ones (maybe try to use shades from someone's relatively-recent drawings).
That said, it's generally a promising work and I hope to see more of Your drawings in the future. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
jjx indoweeb
Post subject: Re: Buitenhauer LeeuwerijkPosted: June 5th, 2020, 12:29 pm
thanks, eswube. about the funny flight characteristics, yeah I agree that thing looks like a flying brick. for the camo, I haven't really tried to make anything seem realistic, but ill try my best to find a better palette. I'm gonna do my best to research other drawings and techniques. cheers mate

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: