Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Dominion of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 28th, 2010, 10:45 pm
And now for something completely different.

In my universe there is an organization (quite a powerful one) who operate both clandestine and public operations, supplying ISAF and fighting along side them in Afghanistan as well as going places and doing things people aren't meant to find out about. Anyways, they have facilities in Atlantia and Montana. They operate a number of aircraft, some under the cover of Ex-Air.
Aircraft other than UAVs and Fast-air are painted in gloss Prussian Blue and registered to the Isle of Man.

Figured this isn't in an SB template so best to post it here.

[ img ]

To come are, vehichles and manpower as well as organization.

Last edited by Blackbuck on September 1st, 2010, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 28th, 2010, 11:00 pm
Nice, but seriously, piston-fighters? They'd be chewed to hell. Well made in other aspects though.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 29th, 2010, 1:38 am
Those are A-1 attack planes. Used in Vietnam.

Also I can tell you right now those are not 737-700s, they look more like -600s.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 29th, 2010, 9:33 am
Not what the parts sheet said :| Though of course that could be wrong. Yes they are A-1s properly restored and brought up to date they make a fine COIN platform.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 29th, 2010, 12:12 pm
The douglas Skyraider had so many variants that it is impossible to count on one's fingers. Apart from the basic single seat attack-aircraft, there were early warning, Vip transport and many other multi-seat variants.
BTW Blackbuck, this is a very nice sheet.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 30th, 2010, 4:10 am
The Brazilian Air Force uses those Super Tucanos in a COIN role and they're apparently excellent.

It's not like you're sending A-1s against Su-27s or something. That's what he has the F-4s for I guess.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 30th, 2010, 4:17 am
Actually that brings up another point - if you can afford all that aircraft, you could probably afford Super Tucanos. Plus, Blackwater at least was trying to acquire them, so there's real life precedent.

American combat aircraft are hard to obtain because they don't let just anybody pull them out of AMARC. Soviet-style stuff, or American stuff bought from a foreign country (Pakistani F-16s for example) are more plausible. But, I'm not saying all of this is mandatory.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 30th, 2010, 7:53 am
I'm aware of the dificulty in getting them out from the US But for me the A-1 offers more than the Tucano, especially the 4 seat version, not only can it loiter and provide CAS it could be used for ISR as well given an MX-15 turret or simmilar on the centreline. As for the A-7s and F-4s I chose them mainly because they've been proven time and time again in combat over several decades.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 30th, 2010, 3:28 pm
Well, if you feel like it, you can claim the A-7s are ex-Greek or Portuguese (they're just being retired, BTW) and there are any number of foreign sources the Phantoms can come from.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of Atlantia non SB stuff.Posted: August 30th, 2010, 3:37 pm
That is very true. Thought of something whilst I was out today as well, need to make the drawing represent what they are as the one there now is a single seater and not the two seater I'm meant to be using. *smacks self*

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: