Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 111 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1109 110 111 112 113166 »
Toxic Loki
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 5th, 2019, 10:49 am
A very good job reytuerto!!
I was working in the same gun but your samples are so accurate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Farooqbhai007
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 5th, 2019, 11:44 am
Some very nice but weird looking guns , keep up the good work

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 6th, 2019, 6:42 pm
Reytuerto, You're doing fantastic work here!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 8th, 2019, 2:36 am
Thanks, Eswube; thanks, Toxic Loki! Your feedback is very important, specially coming from a respected veteran artist and a spaniard (as I am drawing SCW firme arms)! Thanks, Farooq! Some of the Spanish pistols, were a little bit different (the Astra family), and inherited a delayed blowback mechanism from the previous Campo Giro, and as they were chambered for a rather powerful round, they need a powerful spring to withstand it. But the other pistols were of much more plain designs, owing almost everything to J.M. Browning previous works. And the sub-machine guns, "under the skin" ;) , were of the well known blowback system from German designers.

Now, two rifles and two pistols of the SCW: The main rifle of the defenders of San Juan hills was the Mauser 93, which would be the main rifle of the spanish military for 20 years, and was chambered to the 7x53 cartridge or 7 mm spanish.
[ img ]

It was followed by the main spanish rifle of the Civil War, the Oviedo rifle.
[ img ]
Also in 7 mm, is depicted here with the long Model 1913 bayonet instead the shorter Model 1893 one. This rifle was sold to the Paraguayan Army in 7.65 x 53 and was used in the bloody Chaco War. The survivors were resold to the Spanish Republic, so in the SCW it was feasible so find this weapon chambered both in 7 mm and in 7.65 mm.

Gabilondo made during the 1920s several Browning's inspired pistols, and Llama V to VII were close clones of the M1911 but chambered to 9 mm Largo (with enough tolerances to admit the use of .38 auto, specially in the american market), they were well made handguns, of good steel and nicelly machined, accurate and reliable.
[ img ]

A batch of 300 austrian Styer M1912 arrived to the republican forces in the first months of the civil war, and were mainly used by the Navy.
[ img ]
An interesting fact of this pistol is that was chambered for the 9 mm Styer, which was of similar dimensions of 9 mm Largo, but due to differences in the base, the spanish round could not be used in the austrian pistol (but as the tolerances of the Astra 400 were bigger, the austrian round was habitually used by the Wehrmacht in the spanish pistol).

Finally, well after the end of the war, when Spain adopted the NATO cartridge in the late 1950s, an important number of Oviedo rifles were converted to FR-7 short rifles (or mosquetones) for second line troops, with a new barrel by CETME, and a gas like tube for the maintenance kit tools under it, new sights and the bayonet of the then new Cetme C.
[ img ]

Creditis: I borrowed many ideas from the previous work in mauser rifles by Darth Panda, Colosseum and Pombo. Thanks! Cheers.

Edited to correct a cartridge mistake! Thanks, S.

Last edited by reytuerto on July 14th, 2019, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 11th, 2019, 4:13 am
Hi, guys! Good morning.
The Lebel was the first modern rifle, but was it was complex, expensive, nose heavy (specially when loaded) and could not be shortened (due the tubular magazine), and this made it unable to be used by the cavalry. The ansewer to this problem was the Berthier Mle. 1890 carbine, made by grafting the Lebel bolt action with a Mannlicher type 3 round "en bloc" magazine. Two years later, a very similar firearm, but with a blade bayonet was adopted for the artillery, the Mousqueton Mle. 1892.
[ img ]
Later, in 1902 and 1907, a rifle version was developed, mainly for colonial troops:
[ img ]

During WWI, a substantial number of Berthier short rifles was made, with an increased 5 round magazine, Mousqueton M16, was more useful in trench warfare than full lenght rifle.
[ img ]

After the war, it was used by polish and greek troops in the wars against the Soviet Union and Turkey in the early 1920s. In the first weeks of the SCW the equally leftist french goverment lead by Leon Blum send an important amount of weaponry across the catalonian border. Among them were 20,000 Berthier rifles and carbines, enough for the equipment of nearly 10 of the new Mixed Brigades of the Republican People´s Army. Poland also sold more than 40,000 Berthier rifles, mousquetons and carbines, that were sent in 3 shipings, both to the northen harbour of Santander or to Catalonian or Levantine ports.

In the 1920 Bonifacio Echeverria marketed under the commercial name of STAR a series of Browning's inspired pistols. One of them was adoptad by the spanish Guardia Civil as the standart sidearm in 1922.
[ img ]
A well made pistol, clearly inspired in the previous Colt M1911, it was a realiable and sound weapon. It could be used with a wooden holster which in turn was also the stock, longer barrels, and an odd looking protrusive 32 round magazine.

The soviets were satisfied with the well tried Maxim M-1910 with the wheeled Sokolov carriage. But they wanted something more portable (despite being users of the Madsen since before the ruso-japanese war), so a team lead by Tokarev modified the Maxim, putting a rifle stock and trigger, and shortening the barrel, which could be quickly changed in battlefield conditions.
[ img ]
It was a good and reliable machine gun, but its production was halted after 2600 guns. Of this total, more than 2400 were exported to the Spanish Republic, and with the also widely used DP, was the mainstay LMG of the loyalist side. It was a well liked firearm and saw combat use since the begining of the siege of Madrid until the late 1940s (with the francoist army). Cheers.

Last edited by reytuerto on September 6th, 2019, 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Spike
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 14th, 2019, 1:44 am
Quote:
Now, two rifles and two pistols of the SCW: The main rifle of the defenders of San Juan hills was the Mauser 93, which would be the main rifle of the spanish military for 20 years, and was chambered to the 7x53 cartridge or 7 mm spanish.
There is just one little problem. The correct caliber is 7 x 57-mm Mauser.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 14th, 2019, 10:29 pm
I will fix it in a while! Thanks, Spike!

The first soviet SMG was a design by Degtyaryov, and adopted in 1935. It was a simple blowback open bolt submachine gun, chambered for the standard soviet pistol round, 7.62x25 (which was very similar to the ammo of the Mauser broomhandle pistol).
[ img ]
Produced in little numbers compared with the posterior PPSh-41, it was a reliable firearm, but not too accurate (due to a rather short barrel, high rate of fire and lack of any form of compensator) and expensive to made as it was built with the pre-war high standards, of full machined steel parts (as PPSh was made with many stamped parts, it was unable to be made by gunsmiths of the soviet partisans during WWII, so PPD was made with milled parts in several semi-artisanal workshops in the German occupied soviet territories). PPD-34 was send to the republicans (few hundreds, despite Howdson claims of over 8000 smg send, since the early 1937), both to the isolated north, or to the Mediterranean harbours, and was called "regadera" (shower) by the republicans there. Cheers.

Last edited by reytuerto on July 18th, 2019, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 14th, 2019, 11:46 pm
Fantastic job Reytuerto! You're drawings are great, keep it up! I especially love that you're putting out obscure guns as well!

However, I have to ask, has anyone here done the GP-25 grenade launcher for the AK-pattern rifles?

Thank you

[Profile] [Quote]
SouprRacwn
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 16th, 2019, 3:51 am
Well, I'm back, and I'm putting up a nostalgia piece from one of my first FPS games, Rainbow Six Vegas 2. A rifle really suited for close quarters engagements.

[ img ]

Banana
Watermelon
Playstation 5

I authored these forum threads:
GB Kolibriscale
GB Scale Caliber Index
TrucKola's Project/Image Dump

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: July 16th, 2019, 11:24 am
Hey guys,

Very good job Truckola, more G3s are always welcomed!

So after a while not uploading and really not drawing, I decided to come back as well, drawing some attachments and modifications as oppose to full guns. I've drawn the GP-30 and the GP-34, the former attached to an AK-74M and the latter to an AN-94.

GP-30: a modernised GP-25 that fires the same 40mm caseless grenade and shorter by about 2 inches.

[ img ]

GP-34: longer than the GP-30 by 2 inch (making it about as long as the GP-25) but designed to be attached to more armaments. Also firing the same 40mm caseless grenade.

[ img ]

As usual, any comments and critiques is welcomed and I'll try to rectify any mistakes.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 111 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1109 110 111 112 113166 »

Jump to: