Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 105 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1103 104 105 106 107166 »
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 12th, 2019, 3:54 pm
Hello guys!

Very well done on the Carcanos! Though I have to say the bayonet on the cavalry's rifle look quite flimsy but that's just me.

At any rate, today I have done the OTs-12 Tiss, the OTs-14-4A Groza and the 9A-91, all Russian weapons chambered with the 9x39mm subsonic rounds.

This one is the 9A-91, a cheaper and more versatile alternative to the SR-3, and is used by the Russian police forces.

[ img ]

This one is the OTs-12 Tiss (Yew Tree), basically a modified AKS-74U rechambered for the 9x39mm rounds. It did not see mass production.

[ img ]

Lastly is the OTs-14-4A Groza (Thunderstorm), basically a bullpup version of an AK-74 rifle and then rechambered for the 9x39mm rounds. This one did see mass production.

[ img ]

As always, any corrections is always welcomed!

Thanks you!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 13th, 2019, 7:43 pm
Cool!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 15th, 2019, 11:04 pm
Nice drawings! Nicely done drawings.

Last edited by reytuerto on June 29th, 2019, 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 16th, 2019, 8:28 pm
After the Carcano rifles, drawing of Greek Mannlicher M1903 could be easy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannlicher–Schönauer
http://www.guns-gr.com/2012/08/190314-m ... r.html?m=1

Second link has some photos

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 16th, 2019, 10:33 pm
Heya guys!

Thanks for the compliment!

Today, I decided to finally draw guns from scratch, well one of them still use Colosseum's part and they're colours are admittedly gathered from other drawings. So, if there's a rule about me having to credit others because I use their colours then I will do so.

At any rate, first and foremost is the Stoner 63 Assault Rifle. Also known as the XM22 in the US Armed Forces, it was rejected when it was considered to be used as the replacement for the M16A1/AR-15 rifles.

[ img ]

Next is the British Thorpe's EM1 and the Janson's EM2. Both are chambered with the .280 British and use a bullpup configuration. The EM1 is rejected primarily due to being too complicated for battlefield use.

[ img ]

Then is the Janson's rifle, the EM2 or the Number 9 Rifle. Called the best Cold War rifle that never was by Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons fame, the EM2 was adopted and fairly quickly unadopted due to politics.

[ img ]

Finally, a fairly old drawing of mine, the AA-12 full-automatic shotgun. It doesn't have any iron sight and only have a picatinny rail for optic attachments.

[ img ]

As always, do point out any mistakes on my drawing. As they are pretty much the first few drawings I have done from scratch, I apologise for any mistakes!

Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 18th, 2019, 7:26 am
dalamace wrote: *
Next is the British Thorpe's EM1 and the Janson's EM2. Both are chambered with the .280 British and use a bullpup configuration. The EM1 is rejected primarily due to being too complicated for battlefield use.

[ img ]

Then is the Janson's rifle, the EM2 or the Number 9 Rifle. Called the best Cold War rifle that never was by Ian McCollum of Forgotten Weapons fame, the EM2 was adopted and fairly quickly unadopted due to politics.

[ img ]
I really like your choice, thanks for that.
Why have you chosen a green color for the wood furnitures (hand grip, barrel guard) on both rifle ? All the examples i've seen (forgottenweapons.com or IWM) were not painted.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 18th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Nice additions!

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 18th, 2019, 4:11 pm
Cplnew83 wrote: *
dalamace wrote: *

[ img ]

[ img ]
Why have you chosen a green color for the wood furnitures (hand grip, barrel guard) on both rifle ? All the examples i've seen (forgottenweapons.com or IWM) were not painted.
I do Kinda woder how the EM2 would have coped in the jungles of Borneo and Deserts of S Yemen and Oman

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 18th, 2019, 9:25 pm
Heya Guys!
Cplnew83 wrote: *
As for that, I am unfortunately colourblind and I just used some colours that to me are appropriately woody enough for it. I think I have been questioned about using wrong colours for wood before and I can safely say that I am terrible at getting the right colour. If you have another colour that I can use please do so and I'll try to get better as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback though and I'll try to make more appropriate ones.

Thanks eswube! And as for rifleman2, I think it might do alright in other conditions but I am not enough of an expert to judge if it does well. Maybe it will do well enough especially with further refinements and proper maintenance.

At any rate, I've redone the Stoner 63 after I drew the AR-180, realising that using Colosseum's magazine for the M16 is pretty lazy of me and it's not exactly fitting. So I decided to lazily bashed the AR-180 magazine on with some modifications. So, here it is, Stoner 63 with a new magazine. But if the magazine is now just plain wrong then I will try to make one again.

[ img ]

And then the AR-180, a variant(?) of the AR-18. A famous variant of the AR-18 is of course the Howa Type 89. This drawing also features a smaller straight magazine which I think have 20 rounds but I can be wrong on that.

[ img ]

Criticism is always welcome and I will maybe redo the EM1/EM2 rifle by recolouring it in the near future.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 19th, 2019, 8:23 am
Nice additions. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 105 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1103 104 105 106 107166 »

Jump to: