Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 28th, 2012, 6:44 pm
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sarcasm

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 28th, 2012, 6:55 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Yes. I know.
And I repeat my question.
Btw. Have You read and understood that definition You've supplied?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 28th, 2012, 10:13 pm
It was a joke. Relax.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cruel2BEkind
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 29th, 2012, 2:19 am
On the map what is the orange striped area?
I'm guessing a restricted military district?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: July 29th, 2012, 3:19 am
The Denton Aeronautics and Space Research Center.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 1st, 2012, 5:00 pm
Ok, to keep this topic going, here are some of the aircraft that we use/are produced in the country by Atlanta Aircraft Corp.

[ img ]
In order, they are based off of these real life aircraft or are the same size/role:
An-124 Condor/C-5 Galaxy
C-17 Globemaster III (but with one propfan engine on top)
C-130 Hercules (but with 2 NK-12 turboprops)
C-135 Stratolifter/707
E-3 Sentry
EL/M-2075 (experimental system)
KC-135 Stratotanker

The ones that look like Boeings (the 707s) are license built, but with modifications to various structural components, engines, systems, etc.

They are plain, but I will add some color when I post them in my Air Force sheets.

-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 1st, 2012, 5:14 pm
You know ... I wast thinking about engine setup on your heavy planes and show them to my friend who work for General Dynamics. He say that ... well "they sucks" :lol: Some some massive problems with aerodynamics and thrust. Also he point that the biggest successful plane with that kind of jet engine setup was russian An-72.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 1st, 2012, 5:31 pm
Two points - one is that I generally agree with Rhade about the location of the engines on C360. I don't know about thrust, but the idea about placing engines above the wings is to get short take-off performance, due to Coanda effect. But by putting the engines on pylons at a distance above the wings, You're effectively negating the effect, and simultaneously make the engines far less accessible for maintenance. Second point is that I doubt if the one engine (even with propfan) would suffice for an aircraft of the size of C145. Besides that they look generally ok at a first glance.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 1st, 2012, 5:49 pm
Also the engines on top of the wing on the C360 might create a lot of turbulence over the rear horizontal stabilizer. I'm not an aerospace engineer, so I don't know how good or bad that would be, but it may affect the aircraft's controlability and stability. Perhaps someone who has more aerospace engineering experience can comment further on that.

I'd also re-engine the C89s with high-bypass turbofans like they've done with the refurbished C-135 family aircraft.

Also, I agree with eswube on the single engine for the C145. Bad idea on a cargo aircraft. Imagine it full of paratroopers and it loses that engine on takeoff. It'd crash and you'd have hundreds of casualties. At least with two engines if you lose one you have at the very least a slight chance of making an emergency landing or a more survivable crash landing.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 1st, 2012, 5:59 pm
The C-145 is one of my crazier aircraft, and one of my favorites. I do realize the single engine is a bit of a high-risk design, but fuel consumption would be less, and maintenance is a simple as... Well, one engine! Of course, this is not set in stone, so there is a chance I won't use it.

Good point on the C89s. There are two reasons why I haven't done that (yet). I haven't done it yet, and the JT-3s are just damn sexy on that plane.

Concerning the overwing podded engines, it is to decrease likelyhood of FOD (but that's mostly with low-wing aircraft), but TBH it's mostly aesthetics. If I put it under the wing, I would have an An-124, and I want to be different ;) .

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1329 »

Jump to: