Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Queen-Class Ocean Liner Concept - Adobe Illustrator WorkPosted: August 13th, 2012, 7:09 am
I was wondering when you would find your way here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Queen-Class Ocean Liner Concept - Adobe Illustrator WorkPosted: August 13th, 2012, 7:11 am
One option for the upper part of the fake funnel is to make it out of fibre-glass and use it to house all the ugly satcom antennas.
Aside from the aesthetic improvements it'll help eliminate any blind spots and it'll ease maintenance (Not that that's a big issue, but still)
I don't think this has ever been done, so it'll be a unique feature for your ship.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jacky Tar
Post subject: Re: Queen-Class Ocean Liner Concept - Adobe Illustrator WorkPosted: February 11th, 2014, 10:23 pm
Josheua wrote:
What I'd like to present to you all today is a concept I've been working on since my junior year of High School (so 8 Years now). Only recently did I really hit the ground running with the design and wanted to present it to you all as it progresses. The idea is for a large scale pair of ocean liners for Cunard to join the Queen Mary 2 on the transatlantic and transpacific cruises to supplement the cruising "boats" they have (Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria).

General Specifications are all I have right now, but she'd sit at 1430 feet long, 30-35 foot draft, 135 foot beat (Draft and Beam are comprable to the Queen Mary 2, as is the height - this is to allow these larger ships to service the same ports as the other Queen).

Anyways, onto the goodies. Here is a work in progress of her illustrated side profile:
First thought: A gorgeous render of a design I can easily see being part of the Cunard fleet! Do please continue to keep posting updates. The only nit I have to pick re: what you've shared so far is your deck designations. Cunard's practice seems to be to number decks from the waterline up. E.g., QM2 the main promenade deck is designated Deck 7; lifeboats are on Deck 8 (and where the bulk of her 'obstructed view' balcony staterooms are located), etc.

In progress: ASL-20 HMCS Cormorant

May try next: HMCS Oriole, STV Goldcrest, Bluenose II

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Queen-Class Ocean Liner Concept - Adobe Illustrator WorkPosted: February 12th, 2014, 2:45 am
I'm not really sold on the idea of a forward false funnel (though you can explain what the Disney ships do with them). Otherwise I think it's actually better executed than the actual QM2.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: