Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Lebroba
Post subject: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 12th, 2013, 3:22 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 12th, 2013, 3:36 pm
The Idea aren't stupid. in fact it remember me about an Norwegian Kongsberg concept for an larger version of the Skjold class!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 12th, 2013, 4:35 pm
could you tell me some more about the design? sizes, which weapons, which radars, etc?
I can only find the following flaws on it:
- the overhang on the stern is a bit big. this adds quite a bit of additional weight and weakness and very little buoyancy or protection gain.
- the harpoons have no place where the gasses and fire from the launch can exit.
- she looks a tad bow heavy due to the large gun and VLS there and very little aft. if there is an mission bay or something like that aft, much of that will be corrected, so it might just be the looks
- why not join in the funnel with the structure, and put the harpoons behind it. that way you get an larger helideck and an smaller RCS.
- the intakes look a tad small for gas turbines, while the funnel looks gas turbine size.
- the waterline shape seems a tad blocky, with the bow only getting shape around the bridge. this might just be the angle.
- the large hatch near the bridge seems to be higher then one deck, and creates an structural weakness at the point where the structure should be strongest, so I question if that is the best place to put it, whatever its purpose

these are mostly small comments on an overall interesting design. (I see her having the same problems as the real world LCS's though, but that is another matter entirely.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 13th, 2013, 12:09 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 13th, 2013, 12:10 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 13th, 2013, 12:11 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 13th, 2013, 7:16 am
The idea was supposed to be like a Formidable class FFG, with that kind of multi-mission capability, with a few improvements in terms of electronics, COTS integration and concept of operation over LCS (Freedom Variant). Dimensions are very similar to Formidable with a slightly shallower draft.

Machinery is IPS, 2 MT30 GTAs driving to motors pushing 2 RR kamewa Pump jets. VLS doesnt hold anything bigger than an SM2. Gun mount is supposed to be aa 76mm OTO Melera Super Rapid or equivalant. I haven't taken the time to model one exactly. Recessed harpoon canisters have a race track that funnels exhaust gas out over the side. I was also thinking of flipping them so exhaust is facing the water side and the missile leaves across the deck.

I like the idea of moving the stack onto the main super structure and have already made that change. The boat deck door is a little too big and I have made it smaller to fit within 1 deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 18th, 2013, 3:55 pm
[ img ]

Decided to change some weapons load out since I had about 100 tons of DW to give. Changed from 76mm Gun to fwd and aft 57 mm guns. which would provide some missile defense capability that was lacking previously.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 18th, 2013, 4:52 pm
Some fun with photoshop.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by Lebroba on August 25th, 2013, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Littoral COmbat Frigate - 3DPosted: August 18th, 2013, 5:40 pm
I like the idea so much! do you mind if I borrow for an idea that I got... just in SB scale

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: