Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4661 »
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: April 29th, 2016, 3:22 pm
Perhaps I will take on drawing cavalry uniforms of the WWI - they were very colourful and beautiful, especially in the start of the war and in colonial troops.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: April 29th, 2016, 11:10 pm
[ img ]
So I did up all my M-12 variants in franscale, not that there's much difference between them.
Credit to colo for both kinds of helmets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: April 30th, 2016, 7:47 pm
Not sure how appropriate this is for here. Some may find it funny, others offensive.
Republica de plátanos is a small country in south america between Brazil and Venezuela. It was originally Republica da liberdade when it declared it's independence from the Brazilian empire but after being ruled by fruit companies for years it gained a reputation as a banana republic. It's current ruler is an enigmatic man known only as El Presidente.

El President was original a journalism student in america, however he quickly became dissatisfied and dropped out of school to become a foreign fighter in the Libyan revolution. Miraculously it turned out he was kind of good at this sort of thing, and he soon found himself involved in various conflicts across the middle east. Eventually he dropped off the map, only to appear a few years latter in south america. Overthrowing the current dictator and establishing his own regime of "Anarcho-dictatorship" Under this self contradictory rule he claims absolute authority in all governmental and military matters, but more or less lets the regular citizens do whatever they want, provided they don't form anything resembling another government. The states purpose is to prevent the existence of other states. There are no taxes and everything is paid for by a mixture of CIA drug money and random civil asset forfeiture from people or organizations he believes are overstepping their bounds. He also changed the official language from Portuguese to Spanglish (he doesn't speak Portuguese, and his Spanish is american high school level) made Republica de plátanos the official name of the country, and keeps a team of bikini clad warrior women as his personal bodyguard Harem (it is believed he got the idea while fighting in Lybia)
[ img ][ img ]
Left to right,
El Presidente himself, Amazona (field uniform), Amazona (dress uniform), Republican army officer, Republican army NCO, Republican army enlisted, Republican army field loadout, Republican army Motorized loadout, Police Officer.

Yes El Presidente is a Rhodesia fanboy.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 3rd, 2016, 12:46 am
Here are a bunch of new uniforms I've done over the last week or so.
The first five include the service/field uniform on the left and the dress uniform on the right.

German Officer
[ img ]

Austrian Officer
[ img ]

British Officer
[ img ]

French Officer
[ img ]

Russian Officer
[ img ]

French pre-WWI uniform experiment: Tenue Réséda
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 3rd, 2016, 10:16 am
If you don't mind, I will leave here my drawing of the Hungarian infantryman in the 1914 battledress based on your drawing of an Austro-Hungarian soldier. Hungarian regiments (49 infantry regiments of the Austrian Army) had uniform that differed from the uniform of the "german" regiments (55 regiments) of the Imperial Army:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 3rd, 2016, 11:36 am
I don't mind at all. It looks great!

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 3rd, 2016, 5:08 pm
tsd715 wrote:
I don't mind at all. It looks great!
Thank you very much for your evaluation of my work and for the allowance to use elements of your pictures!

[Profile] [Quote]
Andrzej1
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 3rd, 2016, 6:24 pm
And here comes my first work from the WWI uniform series: the sheet about french cuirassiers, the descendants of the brave "les hommes de fer" ("iron men") of the Napoleon's Great Army
[ img ]
At the beginning of the Great War France had 12 regiments of cuirassiers, each was divided into four squadrons and a MG company. Cuirassiers were armed with swords, Berthier carbines and Lebel revolvers. Unlike german and russian cuirassiers or british Horse Guards, french cuirassiers wore helmets and cuirasses made of mixture of steel and nickel with their battledress. Helmet was covered with a piece of light khaki cloth, while polished cuirass remained uncovered.
The first figure from the left shows field uniform of french cuirassiers as they appeared on the opening stages of the World War - in the Battle of the Frontiers, Battle of St. Quentin and others.
During the Battle of Marne cuirassiers began covering their cuirasses with pieces of khaki cloth in an attempt to reduce its visibility to enemy snipers. The 2nd picture shows cuirassiers as they appeared during the Battle of Marne and autumn of 1914.
After the advent of the trench warfare all cuirassier regiments except two were dismounted because of the lack of horses suitable for cavalry service. The remaining mounted regiments continued using the cuirass in 1915, while dismounted cuirassiers who were called "cuirapieds" (cuirassiers a pied, foot cuirassiers) abandoned cuirasses, helmet crests also disappeared. Later they recieved infantry coats. They also abandoned red trousers, wearing new blue horizont trousers or civilian ones. 3d Picture shows mounted cuirassier in 1915-1916, 4th and 5th - cuirapieds in 1915-1916.
In 1917 all cuirassier regiments recieved new Blue Horizont uniform. In this uniform they participated in bloody battles of 1918. Two mounted regiments even managed to do a few succesful charges during the 1918 Great Offensive.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 4th, 2016, 12:32 am
Great work Andrzej!

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: 'Figurines'Posted: May 4th, 2016, 12:38 am
Here's my next project: the uniforms of the major German states during the wars of German unification.
[ img ]
From left to right: Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Württemberg, Hessia, Hanover, Oldenburg

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 61  [ 603 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4661 »

Jump to: