Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: March 24th, 2014, 7:10 pm
Update.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: March 24th, 2014, 7:48 pm
the funnel looks quite small, or are you going for all diesel propulsion?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: March 24th, 2014, 8:36 pm
he have two funnels, one aft and one forward.

with probably: jet aft and diesel forward. similar to the Norwegian frigate, just an switch in the placement.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: March 24th, 2014, 11:50 pm
Yes. The area forward of the aft director will have two exhaust stocks from the two MT-30 gas turbines. The forward stacks are for the DG sets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: April 6th, 2014, 7:11 pm
Minor update.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: April 6th, 2014, 7:24 pm
doesn't look too bad. keep in mind that you need some superstructure space with enough volume and area on the sides to put the gas turbine intakes on. (I don't see obvious places for them now, the funnels are too small to fit with intakes as well)

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: April 6th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Thanks. I will start cutting in the intakes and exhausts probably next week. My schedule has been hectic the last 5 weeks. The placement of the boat deck is giving me the most worry at the moment. I am hopeful it will work out.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: April 27th, 2014, 8:14 pm
A little late to the thread, I guess... why not sponson the SLQ-32 off from the main deckhouse, like on Burke? This would seem to improve your SPY-1 arcs aft, and probably reduce crosstalk into the SLQ-32 receivers.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: April 27th, 2014, 8:22 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
doesn't look too bad. keep in mind that you need some superstructure space with enough volume and area on the sides to put the gas turbine intakes on. (I don't see obvious places for them now, the funnels are too small to fit with intakes as well)

why not have the air intake on the superstructure.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Just another U.S. Frigate - 3D WiPPosted: April 27th, 2014, 9:29 pm
That's certainly how I'd do it. You'd prefer to be able to lift the gas turbine cores themselves right up out of the intake plenums, and the gas turbines themselves are presumably to port and starboard, like how a Burke is arranged.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: