[ img ]

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 2:52 pm
can't wait to see more of it.... btw how is your goalkeeper coming along? I have some nice modern guns and radars for you when you finish it, but my goalkeeper is getting worse every time I touch it, so I just use your one if possible ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 3:38 pm
bloody hell AWESOME

[Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 8:05 pm
A helicopter carrier I'm working on, based on my LPD design. SHould be large enough for 4 fighters and 12 helicopters.
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 8:48 pm
looks good! although I miss the goalkeepers :D
also, the front deck edge looks a bit weird, maybe make it a bit less rounded.
the last comment for now is: the dock has to be removed for that elevator. I don't know if you planned that, but maybe place the elevator more to the front, or heigthen the hull so you can put an hangar in there. the way you put it now, your heli's end up in the dock, but the best solution IMHO is to put them in the vehicle deck.

btw, maybe we can swap some stuff, because we are both working on dutch based AU ships in 3D...... if you want some stuff (like guns or radars) don't hasitate to ask, the only thing I need in return is that I can ask the same from you ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 8:58 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
the last comment for now is: the dock has to be removed for that elevator. I don't know if you planned that, but maybe place the elevator more to the front, or heigthen the hull so you can put an hangar in there. the way you put it now, your heli's end up in the dock, but the best solution IMHO is to put them in the vehicle deck.

btw, maybe we can swap some stuff, because we are both working on dutch based AU ships in 3D...... if you want some stuff (like guns or radars) don't hasitate to ask, the only thing I need in return is that I can ask the same from you ;)
I like the rounded deck :P so that's not going, haha. There is no dock anymore, the dock and vehicle deck have been removed and replaced with a hangar deck, workshops, fuel, ect. All other amphibious assault rooms and gear have been removed as well, as are most of the control fucntions. This ship has ASW as it's primary mission. Or it can be loaded up with VSTOL fighters as a limited sea control ship to cover an flotilla.

Sure we can swap. I'm just not sure about the file formats I can give you, I don't know what SketchUp can export.

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 10:11 pm
acelanceloet wrote:

Sorry for delay, I cannot find the pics with back side of the Goalkeeper, so i cant finish it...
Beside the unfinished back side, only the search radar is left to be made. If you wish i can send you this partially done model, to use it dimentionally, and when it is fully ready, you can replace it easy with new model...

[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by NickD on September 2nd, 2010, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 1st, 2010, 10:15 pm
The TB developing continues:
Bridge added... not all detail yet... still missing engine telegraph, comm tubes , compass and projector...

Dont mention russian 21-KM guns on the deck, they are only for test purposes, i will replace them with 65 mm 9pdr Hotchkisses later.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 2nd, 2010, 7:24 am
@ nickD: the goalkeeper looks great, and maybe this comes handy for you :
[ img ]

I have an (failed) mock of the GK myself now, so I just wait for your awesome version :D

@primer: if you pull away the dock and vehicle decks, you can better remodel the hull. you can use an way faster hull then this bulky one if you do that, look at the invincible class. if you keep the vehicle deck, you get something like the planned USS America, I think.

for the model swap: I can open skp files, but only v6 ones, and I thought sketchup could open 3DS??

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: 3d ship drawingsPosted: September 2nd, 2010, 8:37 am
WOW! Yes! Yes! Yes!
The picture is fantastic! Great thanks! This will solve all my problems!

Ok, now I will try to finish the GK ASAP!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 23  [ 226 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 623 »

Jump to: