Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Rannyboy
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 8:45 am
klagldsf wrote:
Quote:

The qualities of the platform led engineers to believe that it was fit to make a light attack aircraft. In the dwindling empire, french troops called for more close air support in counter insurgency operations. The type was thus uparmored, retrieved its wing mounted machine guns and gained 6 hardpoints under the wings (with the wingtip ones only allowing for light charges). The cockpit arrangement has been slightly retouched to allow for a better field of view. It was armed with 2 30mm nose mounted canons, 4 .50 machine guns and retained provison for gun camera, photo recce equipment and more guns in the nose.
[ img ]
Your tail is way too huge - not only will people be laughing at anybody flying it but you're adding a lot of unnecessary drag too (well, not a lot per se, but, yeah). And though not a problem with a plane like this, but you're adding too much lateral stability - i.e., you're not going to be turning real great in a dogfight. Reduce it down a little - hell, a lot.
Thanks for the input. Thought about it too. Will try and put a revised version ASAP. It's not meant to end up in a dogfight though. And at the time it seemed good enough to me.
(with such exemples in mind : http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/r ... harlie.jpg)

The two other versions will have to be changed though, true.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 4:37 pm
Nice art, but I realized the wheels aren't quite circular. In MSPaint you can hold shift as you drag a shape to automatically match the height and width.

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 5:45 pm
Good looking artwork, and very nice planes.
Now go for the Aeronavale (the Marine National aircrft) ;)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 7:03 pm
The Pucara's vertical stabilizer isn't quite as huge as you think. The T-tail might throw off some of that perspective.

Also, I did say it doesn't quite matter as much on a plane like this. Sorry, but it usually feels that nobody bothers to read my whole post :p

[Profile] [Quote]
Rannyboy
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 2nd, 2011, 9:56 pm
Satirius wrote:
Nice art, but I realized the wheels aren't quite circular. In MSPaint you can hold shift as you drag a shape to automatically match the height and width.
thanks for the tip ! will come in handy for future projects !
klagldsf wrote:
The Pucara's vertical stabilizer isn't quite as huge as you think. The T-tail might throw off some of that perspective.

Also, I did say it doesn't quite matter as much on a plane like this. Sorry, but it usually feels that nobody bothers to read my whole post :p
Point taken :) thanks for the input anyway
Novice wrote:
Good looking artwork, and very nice planes.
Now go for the Aeronavale (the Marine National aircrft) ;)
I had a couple navalized versions for pre-war aircraft but now that you tell me about it, some of them could make great floatplanes. And looking at it, the propeller aircraft family lacks dive bombers and torpedo bombers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 4:27 pm
FD Scale isn't my thing, but I have been impressed with what you have produced here (the tail apart ;) ) Its fascinating to see a distinctive line of development from very early types up to fairly modern jets; and you say there is more to come? If anyone could scale these down into Shipbucket standard they would offer a great source for a French AU.

Keep them coming :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rannyboy
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 5:07 pm
I won't be able to complete the posting of this particular line until this weekend. I'll try and upload of older and/or more recent works.

In the meanwhile :
Here's a little something I made several years ago. Mostly used to illustrate briefings, and to represent visually french OOB's.
[ img ]

[ img ]

The second picture is a rough size comparison chart and shows a few prospective vehicles and "what ifs".

The size of some of that stuff is slightly off.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 10:04 pm
>.jpg
>ffffffffuuuuuuuu-

seriously the .jpg-ness makes it much less clean than it should be

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rannyboy
Post subject: Re: AU French aircraftPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:17 pm
True, those were uploaded quite a long time ago just so I could show it around, I'll try and dig up the .BMP, convert it to .PNG and replace the ones I posted with that. Don't have much stuff left on the laptop I'm currently using.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: