Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 4th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Well as you all know, I drew up some Airships a year or so ago, here is the new and improved variants:

The UAeS Port Gamble:
[ img ]

And its later incarnation as the Pyrate Kestrel's Fury:
[ img ]

As always critiques welcome... Just remind me to duck if anyone throws any rotten tomatoes, :P!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 5th, 2011, 9:00 am
Ah, Steampunk :D Apart from the unfortunate fact that they wouldn't ever fly, they look fantastic :)

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 5th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Yeah, I know but it is still awesome.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 5th, 2011, 9:57 pm
Why do they need "water" propellers along with "air" ones?

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 6th, 2011, 12:02 am
They are not water, rather main engines to propel the ship, the smaller engines are more for maneuvering.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 6th, 2011, 12:14 am
Anti fouling paint does seem kinda redundant, unless they're designed to land on water.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 6th, 2011, 12:39 am
Well it looks snappy too :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 6th, 2011, 12:50 am
True.
Btw, the existence of dorsal turrets indicates a certain degree of three dimensional thinking, so why no belly turrets?
And you're going to need some seriously good directors unless you're shooting carcas style shells.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 6th, 2011, 2:53 am
Dude, its fiction, stop overthinking it lol. Also remember Victorian Steampunk, pre-dreadnought era lol, point and shoot as well as broadsides. Show me a pre-dreadnought fire directors, and I'll use them. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Steampunk Aetherships (Airships) ReduexPosted: January 6th, 2011, 9:17 am
True, but I can't help myself.
I always try to improve designs within the given framework of the book/movie etc.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: