Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
tsd715
Post subject: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 3:21 pm
Here's a non-shipbucket style drawing I did today of a generic pre dreadnought battleship circa 1900. She is based on some early German classes of ships.
Stats:
12,000 tons
420 ft. long
70 ft. wide
25 ft. draft
18 kn. top speed
40 officers, 625 enlisted men
4x 10 in. guns in two turrets
18x 6 in. guns
15x 3.5 in. guns
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 8:09 pm
I'd rather call it a WiP, as it has a number of lines and elements ending nowhere.
But with moderate effort it could be turned into a SB-style work. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 8:17 pm
eswube wrote:
I'd rather call it a WiP, as it has a number of lines and elements ending nowhere.
But with moderate effort it could be turned into a SB-style work. ;)
Thanks for your comment! Could you point out some of the places that need to be taken up to SB style standards? I joined in the winter and it took me a while to find a suitable program to draw in (I only have a Mac), but, now that I found one, I'm excited to start.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 10:11 pm
Here's a little bit of a revision. Fixed some corners to make them SB style. Will add shading and appropriate line color next.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 3rd, 2015, 12:53 pm
Now I changed the paint job to gray and did some shading on the funnels, turrets, masts, etc. I also changed the lines from gray to black and corrected the remaining non SB corners and edges.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 4th, 2015, 12:13 am
try sticking on a template background as well should make it more ship bucket style, after that just add little details (you can cut some off real ships from the same time frame)

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 4th, 2015, 12:16 am
JSB wrote:
try sticking on a template background as well should make it more ship bucket style, after that just add little details (you can cut some off real ships from the same time frame)
Thanks JSB. I'll try using a template and then add the little details from there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Oberon_706
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 4th, 2015, 3:03 am
Looking good so far - Tip: Try and use the work of contributors such as GarlicDesign , DarthPandaand Leut_East as reference for your shading and detailing - those gents are the undisputed champs of realism and attention to detail.

[ img ]

DCFI (Falkland Islands) AU Nation

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 4th, 2015, 10:33 am
Good idea Oberon. Thanks for your comment.

[Profile] [Quote]
tsd715
Post subject: Re: Generic Pre Dreadnought BattleshipPosted: June 4th, 2015, 3:34 pm
Lot of new detail in this update. Added more shading to funnels, put in ventilation pipes on the sides of the funnels, more details on the portholes and the crane, and cleaned up some of the excess lines on the superstructure.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: