Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
Zeck180
Post subject: Zeck180s Buildings V.2 (Modern Museum sneak peak)Posted: July 18th, 2016, 5:52 am
On this thread you will find many buildings in both SB style and non-SB style(4p = 1 ft). The vast majority of them are fictional, some based on real buildings but edited to suite my needs.

Just a few random flags
[ img ]
---------------------------------------------------------------
Well while I was working on my WTC 1 drawing I got distracted and started working on this, i called it the razor building(don't know why). The base is what I could assume an old bank(again IDK, I wanted the base to be different), and yes if you zoom in those are in fact thousands of bricks.

Some stats: The total number of floors is 113, 107 on the tower and 6 on the brick base. Total height to the antenna 1,890 feet, which if real would be the 4th tallest in the world.

[ img ]

Last edited by Zeck180 on July 23rd, 2016, 6:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zeck180
Post subject: Re: Fictional Buildings/DesignsPosted: July 18th, 2016, 4:19 pm
The same brick base as above, but now with a small backstory.

As it looked in its glory days, around 1920 as the HQ of the National Bank of West Guiana(my nation states nation) the flag the same as my NS nation.

Most favorite aspect of this is the dome and the columns around it, least favorite the old fashioned street lamps, but they do at least set the scene.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Fictional Buildings/DesignsPosted: July 18th, 2016, 7:42 pm
Nice drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zeck180
Post subject: Re: Zeck180s Buildings V.2Posted: July 19th, 2016, 5:24 pm
Part one of two of several images:

Maybe the standard high school youd find in the US during the 20s. It is 4p=1 foot.
[ img ]

Modern condo building in Sb style, maybe located in Berlin. And no the columns on the building aren't off center, the base columns are structural, while the others are for pure aesthetics.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Zeck180s Buildings V.2Posted: July 21st, 2016, 6:33 pm
Nice work, keep it up. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zeck180
Post subject: Re: Zeck180s Buildings V.2Posted: July 22nd, 2016, 10:30 pm
the overall design of this one I based on the common architecture we see in the UAE, mainly Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Also for now on the flag of the country to which the building is based off or would be located in will appear on the top left corner.

Specs: 350 ft wide and 850 ft tall, each floor is 12 ft high while each window is 5 ft wide.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Zeck180
Post subject: Re: Zeck180s Buildings V.2 (Modern Museum sneak peak)Posted: July 23rd, 2016, 6:42 pm
I'm going to get away from doing skyscrapers for a while, too easy. After I finish this project I'll be doing more brick veneer buildings, as they simply look so much nicer and require more concentration.

The below is the Modern Art Museum that i've been working on and not even halfway done, it is 4P = 1 ft and worth it. I want a "wow" factor not a "eh its good". Any tips, suggestions, or ideas always welcome.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Zeck180s Buildings V.2 (Modern Museum sneak peak)Posted: July 24th, 2016, 8:10 pm
This "Modern Art Museum" is bit too modern for me. ;)
But nice effort anyway. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Zeck180s Buildings V.2 (Modern Museum sneak peak)Posted: July 25th, 2016, 6:56 pm
Well, that makes a change from skyscrapers for sure :lol:
Don't take it bad, but on my end, you certainly get the "wow" factor, as in "wow, what is that thing"?
But isn't that what's expected of a Modern Art Museum int he first place?
Nice start though, honestly. A fine continuation to your building series.

Now if you're open to some completely unqualified input, I would:
- Leave an indentation between the brickwork base and the structure above, to give the building some more relief.
- Change the shape of the overhanging glasshouse so that it, well, overhangs a bit more and follows the line of the roof, maybe integrate the pillar better. It looks kind of tacked-on so far.
- Maybe change the pure spline of the roof to a more jagged/broken outline? Not sure about that one though, it might go against the design you had in mind.
- Otherwise, how about canting the left edge outwards? Or give it an overhang from the brickwork? Maybe that would make the overall look more balanced?

Just the $0.02 from someone who would be unable to cough up such a design to save his life, so make of it what you will :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings”

Jump to: