Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 4th, 2010, 3:57 am
I'd love to see these ships in Shipbucket format. Shouldn't be too difficult to do either, I hear 3D programs can render a nice side view if you turn off perspective or something.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 4th, 2010, 8:29 am
Colosseum wrote:
I'd love to see these ships in Shipbucket format. Shouldn't be too difficult to do either, I hear 3D programs can render a nice side view if you turn off perspective or something.
indeed, I'm working on some of his ships already :D the frigate is almost finished now

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 5:16 pm
[ img ]
Type:
Anti Air Warfare Destroyer.
Build:
Displacement:
7700 tonnes.
Length:
152m.
Beam:
21m.
Draught:
5.1m.
Propulsion:
2 podded propulsors (electrically driven).
2 Rolls-Royce WR-21 gas turbines (21.5 MW each)
2 Wärtsilä V12 VASA32 diesel generators (2 MW each)
2 Converteam electric motors (20 MW each)
Speed:
30+kn.
Complement:
Sensors and processing systems:
1x SMART-L 3D volume air/surface search radar.
1x SMART central sensor mast with Active Phased Array air/surface search, tracking and guidance radar, Scout (Low Probability of Intercept)surface search/navigation radar, AIFF system, ECM, Tactical radios, Satcom and datalinks.
1x IRST long-range infrared/optical surveillance and tracking system.
1x bulbous pod mounted sonar, medium frequency.
Electronic warfare and decoys:
1x Sabre ECM suite.
4x SRBOC Mk.36 launcher.
1x AN/SLQ-25 Nixie torpedo decoy.
Armament:
14x 8 Mk.41 vertical launch cells: 4x 8 (128) quad packed NASAMS (Navalised AMRAAM-D) and 80 SM-6ER SAM/THAAD*
2x RAM CIWS
4x Mk.32 torpedo launchers with Mk.50 torpedoes
1x 127mm/54 dual-purpose cannon.
4x M2 .50 HMG, manually operated.
2x RHIB.
Aviation facilities:
Hangar and flight deck for 1 medium helicopter and 2 UCAV's (or 2 medium helicopters).

[ img ]
Type:
Anti Submarine Warfare Destroyer.
Build:
Displacement:
7700 tonnes.
Length:
152m.
Beam:
21m.
Draught:
5.1m.
Propulsion:
Speed:
30+kn.
Complement:
1x SMART central sensor mast with Active Phased Array air/surface search, tracking and guidance radar, Scout (Low Probability of Intercept)surface search/navigation radar, AIFF system, ECM, Tactical radios, Satcom and datalinks.
1x hull-mounted sonar, medium frequency.
1x bulbous pod mounted side scanning high frequency sonar.
1x towed sonar, high frequency.
1x Sabre ECM suite.
4x SRBOC Mk.36 launcher.
Armament:
8x 8 Mk.41 vertical launch cells: 2x 8 (64) quad packed NASAMS (Navalised AMRAAM-D), 48 RUM-139C VL-ASROC.*
2x RAM CIWS
8x Mk.32 torpedo launchers with Mk.50 torpedoes
4x 30mm cannon, remotely operated.
2x RHIB.
Aviation facilities:
Hangar and flight deck for 2 medium helicopters.

[ img ]
Type:
Multi Purpose Destroyer.
Build:
Displacement:
7700 tonnes.
Length:
152m.
Beam:
21m.
Draught:
5.1m.
Propulsion:
Speed:
30+kn.
Complement:
1x bulbous pod sonar, medium frequency.
1x Sabre ECM suite.
4x SRBOC Mk.36 launcher.
Armament:
10x 8 Mk.41 vertical launch cells: 4x 8 (128) quad packed NASAMS (Navalised AMRAAM-D), 8x RUM-139C VL-ASROC, 8x Exocet MM40 block 4 ASM, 16x Storm Shadow cruise missile (nuclear capable).*
2x RAM CIWS
4x 30mm cannon, remotely operated.
2x RHIB.
Aviation facilities:
Hangar and flight deck for 1 medium helicopter and 2 UCAV's.

*All 3 variants can use the full range of missiles available for the mk.41 vertical launch systems, the ASW and the MP version can take full advantage of the SM-6 if there is a ship equipped with SMART-L near by, they will get the sensor information via Data-link. The load outs given in the specifications are the usual warload but can vary per mission.

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 5:47 pm
[ img ]
Type:
Multi-purpose frigate.
Build: 8
Displacement:
3800 tonnes.
Length:
122m (105m at waterline).
Beam:
20m (15m at waterline).
Draught:
4.65m.
Propulsion:
2 pumpjets.
4x gas turbines, 12 MW each.
4x diesel-generators, 1650 kW each.
Speed:
30+kn.
Complement:
1x SMART central sensor mast with Active Phased Array air and surface search, tracking and guidance radar, Scout (Low Probability of Intercept)surface search/navigation radar, AIFF system, ECM, Tactical radios, Satcom and datalinks.
1x hull-mounted sonar, medium frequency.
1x Sabre ECM suite.
4x SRBOC Mk.36 launcher.
Armament:
4x 8 Mk.41 vertical launch cells, equipped to carry a mix of NASAM (Navalised Advanced Surface to Air Missile, a Navalised version of the AIM-120D AMRAAM) SAM, 4 quad packed per cell. Harpoon ASM or SLAM-ER
2x RAM CIWS
4x M2 .50 HMG, remotely operated.
2x M2 .50 HMG, manually operated.
2x RHIB.
Aviation facilities:
Hangar and flight deck for 1 medium helicopter.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 5:50 pm
the only thing I have to add to this is that you might want to put an extended sensor set on air defence ships.... something like the APAR. your sensor mast looks great, but I doubt it can guide missiles as good as the apar. (btw if you need my apar, just ask and say which filetype, rhino can export the most files but no sketchup I think.)

also, the vls of your multipurpose frigate might be a bit small... and is this the same frigate I'm drawing? if so, it might be needed to send me an updated version if you made large changes ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 6:03 pm
Karel Doorman beauty shot:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 6:07 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
the only thing I have to add to this is that you might want to put an extended sensor set on air defence ships.... something like the APAR. your sensor mast looks great, but I doubt it can guide missiles as good as the apar. (btw if you need my apar, just ask and say which filetype, rhino can export the most files but no sketchup I think.)

also, the vls of your multipurpose frigate might be a bit small... and is this the same frigate I'm drawing? if so, it might be needed to send me an updated version if you made large changes ;)
Why would it be bad at guiding missiles, it has an AESA radar on all 4 corners and with the NASAMS and (this AU's) SM-6 seekers you don't have to guide it all the way, they are active radar missiles, they don't require a lock and guidance from the ship all the way like the ESSM does.

It's the same frigate as you're drawing, I've only added life rafts, some antennas and a larger optical sensor mast.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 6:18 pm
primer wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:

Why would it be bad at guiding missiles, it has an AESA radar on all 4 corners and with the NASAMS and (this AU's) SM-6 seekers you don't have to guide it all the way, they are active radar missiles, they don't require a lock and guidance from the ship all the way like the ESSM does.

It's the same frigate as you're drawing, I've only added life rafts, some antennas and a larger optical sensor mast.
can you post an sideview of it then? the rafts and antenna's aren't an problem, but it is rather hard to make the sensor mast look the right size.....

and you have build in a sort of apar in your mast then... ok, that will do the job just as good :D then imagine I haven't said anything ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 6:23 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
can you post an sideview of it then? the rafts and antenna's aren't an problem, but it is rather hard to make the sensor mast look the right size.....

and you have build in a sort of apar in your mast then... ok, that will do the job just as good :D then imagine I haven't said anything ;)
Yes, there are Active Phased Array Radars on the sides of the mast, the spheres on top are a nav radar, a SatCom unit and a GPS unit.

Sure, i'll post a new side view, hold on a sec.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: New (more realistic) Dutch Navy AUPosted: August 5th, 2010, 7:31 pm
[ img ]

There you go.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 7  [ 68 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: