Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 12  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 812 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: May 11th, 2019, 12:09 pm
NickD
I hope that Your health issues have improved.
Do not apologize for long absences, as for sure when You post something here it's really worth watching!

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: May 13th, 2019, 12:21 pm
Thank you very much!
I feel much better now, and i hope things will go faster.
The "rough" work is almost completely finished, so I hope next month i can test the ship (in a shape of a big ugly white log) semewhere ina lake.
Meanwhile i cant wait any more and temporary replaced a hammer with a brush.
These details are still not fully complete, but they already started to take a shape.
Please, don't judge me too hard, this is actually my first model paintjob, so i learn "on the fly".

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: May 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Wish Your health will improve quickly now.
It's always great to see new elements done for this model - and don't worry about quality of paintjob.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: May 13th, 2019, 8:37 pm
After 45 years I finally got around to buying an air brush kit a couple of years ago, before that everything was by hand. I am still learning to use the airbrush and occasionally fluke a decent paint job. From what you have shown so far, your on the fly learning is going very well.

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: June 15th, 2019, 11:53 pm
Hello again!
A little more finished elements:

Bofors ASW final and ready to be mounted to the model:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

40mm Bofors final, colored as on Peder Skram:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Mk 33 Gun mount completely colored, still without windows.
[ img ]
[ img ]

Rear running light painted, assembled and working.
It can be disassembled safely, if changing of the LED is required.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

I take few day-offs to work on the model, because slow progress killing me!
So i hope I can share an update for the whole model soon.
Have a nice day/evening!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: June 16th, 2019, 8:33 am
Fantastic update!
Btw. I hope You weren't painting that 40mm Bofors with that chocolate underneath it? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: June 16th, 2019, 8:54 am
Hehe, my brother already wanted to eat that "chocolate candy Bofors" :D
Unfortunately photo cant show the real color. I painted everything with bronze-like color, than some brown on the top, and when paint started to dry, i diluted it again and take some away with the hard brush. The effect is a mixed brown/gold plating. I'll try to make a better photo.

[Profile] [Quote]
NickD
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: June 16th, 2019, 11:31 am
Closeup.
Actually brown paint was far more dull, but it unexpectedly, unlike another paints changes its color, when i apply the varnish. I'm afraid to remove all layers to try again, but i can try to apply another bronze layer - the paint is very diluted and maybe will change overall color, preserving the texture.
If the results aren't good, i can safely remove the color with turpentine, the varnish is succeptable only to acetone.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: June 19th, 2019, 8:00 am
Very nice progress pics, it looks to be progressing well.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HDMS Tordenskjold Type 14E frigate R/C modelPosted: June 19th, 2019, 11:44 am
You do not happen to have drawing with measurements on of that 3" gun and the 40mm gun. I am considering updating some old Shipbucket parts drawings

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 12  [ 112 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 812 »

Jump to: