Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: May 30th, 2021, 6:54 pm
Great work. And interiors look really cozy. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: June 11th, 2021, 10:02 pm
I'm quite happy with it!

- 2x Volvo Penta 510 hp engines as standards, that should give speed between 15-20 knots
- extra large lazarette, but if there is need for a bigger generator or bigger engine, the size of the lazarette would of course be sacrificed
- part of the lazarette can also be build up as a small crew-cabin for 1 or two crew. (not the boat is in owner operated size)
- with sacrifice of the aft benche and the entire lazarette, it can be build up as a beach club.
- Master cabin have a King-size bed
- quest cabin have both, pullman bed.
- depending on size of floor freezer, storage for the galley, you can have a larger generator under it.
- Alternative position of standard generator, is on a shelf above the main engines.

Length x Beam x Depth: 17,38 x 5,3 x 1,6

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: June 13th, 2021, 11:51 am
Excellent!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: July 2nd, 2021, 11:38 pm
And now, something else!

I let you all get a view in to how I start with an idea, and my thought process:

1. I always start with playing with an design idea in my head, for a couple of days or weeks!
- Sometimes it can be that I think bout a specific thing of the boat/ship, For example the drawing bellow, I was thinking mainly about the hull shape.

2. Draw the hull it self. and decide deck/cabin/room height and adjust the hull accordingly.
- I went with 2,1 meter roof height, bellow deck, and in some area of the salon and cockpit (it's a sport yacht, you want to have something to hold, fairly close)

3. then do not touch the drawing for a couple of days, just occasionally view it. After some time I start to throw some lines on it.

4. trying to connect and smoothen out lines and try to make it work or adjust/redraw. And add some of the larger details,

5. add a basic room partition, to help getting a basic idea about the possible layout.
- alway add the biggest engine that can be used for this type of boat, I went with 2 x MTU V12-2000(hp) (but most likely a boat like this would be equipped with Pod-drive, like Volvo Penta IPS, for this boat I would go for 4x VP D13-IPS IMO lll (4x800hp (3200hp)) (45+-knots)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: July 3rd, 2021, 9:39 am
It may be still a WiP, but I already want to have such yacht. ;) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: July 7th, 2021, 12:25 pm
A little update, a long an slim hull

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: July 10th, 2021, 5:32 pm
Interesting start.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: September 25th, 2021, 8:39 pm
A drawing I worked on earlier, that I have had on back-burner for a while. Now after some time, I pulled it out again, to see if there are something I want to adjust... and boy there was a couple thing I wanted to adjust/change:

adjusted/changed:
- On the main deck and bridge deck, I have increased the head room, from 2.1 meter to 2.3 meter, Due to I want to have a roof with various height and hidden lighting.
- floor thickens, is 15 cm, to give extra space for cables, floor heating, and rubber bushing some the internal interior is resting on, to reduce vibration and sound.
- all air duck is running in the walls.
- bellow deck (quest cabin deck and crew deck) head room is now 2.05 to 2.20 meter
- increased hull depth, from 1.5 meter to 1.8 meter
- changed and bigger window on main deck salon, including larger salon. (the main deck salon window, is noe 2x4.4 meter! and a part of the structural strength, although there will be close to no force on the windows)
- All windows in polymer glass, build to be part of the structural strength, but are self-loading, so if an accident happen, the windows will assist in taking some of the force.
- windows for master cabin in bow are 35mm polymer glass with reinforced frame, and connecting point for a hatch on the out side, for when you have the crew moving the boat to a new place and the weather isn't the best.
- Steal hull, with extra thick bottom hull and aluminium superstructure. But carbon-fiber in various areas on upper deck, special on load bearing structure, where Carboniferous can save som weight, compared to massiv aluminium.
- Shape of bridge deck isn't 100% yet, still finding something that would work nice!
- added a small sun-deck on the hardtop.
- upper deck is a partially open deck, that can be fully closed, with it's own aircon.

[ img ]

length: 23 meter
powerplant: twin Volvo Penta, from 500 to 1000 hp, or twin MTU on V shaft; up to 1300 hp
Speed: recommended top speed 18+ knots Cruise at 10-14 knots. (hull should be able to handle 24+ knots)
Range: 1500-2500 Nm
Stabilization system: Gyro stabilizer, fin stabilizer and both Volvo Penta pods is integrated in to the stabilizer system, to make the ship even more stable at sea, at any speed. (expect the stabilization system to cost around $150.000-500-000,- (depending on setup)!) (Note Gyro stabilizer is more than enough for keeping this stable at a comfortable level)
Crew: designed to be owner operated, if owner is experienced, but recommended to operate with a crew of minimum 4 (to fulfill Yacht code, even when the vessel is under the international Yacht code size of 24 meter)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: September 26th, 2021, 2:34 pm
Some more changes!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: A yacht Heuser scale! V2.0Posted: July 7th, 2022, 3:33 pm
A new version of an older design.

Changes that have been done:
- Lengthened to 15.16 meter.
- Longer waterline.
- Increased the overall beam to 2.49 meter.
- Two variant's open or protected swim platform.
- combining/merging some features of a walkaround boat with a flybridge boat
- Change of the interior. Now it have a large dedicated master cabin.
- A new more open and simpler flybridge.
- Some design choices, chosen to give more a yacht feel, over what is practical and give more space

Various deck height is now: 2.10+ meter for salon, and 2+meter bellow deck
Bed sizes are: 2x0,8 meter and 2.04x1.50 meter; Alternativ size for beds is: 2.1x1 meter and 2.1x1.8 meter
Note! Interior layout can/might still change!

Powerplant:
- either 2 x Diesel engine, pod drive
or
- Electric pods, large battery bank, and diesel generators and other powersource.
or
- Hydrogen powerplant

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: