Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
alotef
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: December 7th, 2018, 2:25 am
Beautiful detail in this!!
~Mike

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: April 1st, 2019, 8:17 pm
Thanks for your comments guys.

I've made some more progress on Hindenburg. Almost done but I just couldn't wait posting until then. I'm very happy with the drawing and I'm so glad I started it.

I've included some earlier drawings to show developmental progress and my random method to drawing hahaha.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

So what do you guys think so far?

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on June 7th, 2019, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: April 1st, 2019, 8:55 pm
Amazing work in my opinion ;)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: May 13th, 2019, 5:37 pm
I've updated the General Parts sheet on the first page, mostly added annotations to some of the parts.

Added Coaling Windlass part.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: May 13th, 2019, 7:40 pm
Great work! Keep it up! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: May 13th, 2019, 8:26 pm
I am very much looking forward to your completed drawing appearing in Shipbucket.

I think a lot of the artists here may take this scale and use it for their favourite ships. Ian with the Alaska's, Maomatic with the Bismarck's (hint hint), even I may try it out on the KGV's. Drawings of the calibre of yours Tempest will only enhance the SB (MD) Archives.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: May 14th, 2019, 7:32 am
Totally agreed with all the other comments here, this is amazing work and I think you have more than proved the MD scale as workable and above all capable of producing some stunning artwork.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: May 14th, 2019, 6:49 pm
Novice wrote: *
Amazing work in my opinion ;)
Thank you, and i'm very sorry for not replying until now.

eswube wrote: *
Great work! Keep it up! :)
Thanks, I won't post now until I've finished drawing him, should be soon.

Krakatoa wrote: *
I am very much looking forward to your completed drawing appearing in Shipbucket.

I think a lot of the artists here may take this scale and use it for their favourite ships. Ian with the Alaska's, Maomatic with the Bismarck's (hint hint), even I may try it out on the KGV's. Drawings of the calibre of yours Tempest will only enhance the SB (MD) Archives.
It shouldn't be long now, I haven't been drawing as much as I'd like to, I'm going to work on the props tonight. It would be cool seeing some other ships drawn in MD Scale. I've made a start on drawing Baden but I think I will draw a smaller ship maybe a destroyer or cruiser or even a U-boat.

Hood wrote: *
Totally agreed with all the other comments here, this is amazing work and I think you have more than proved the MD scale as workable and above all capable of producing some stunning artwork.
Thank you Hood, I'm hoping this scale takes of like other scales have, my not actually producing a finished drawing wouldn't have helped the case for MD Scale haha.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: June 7th, 2019, 8:43 pm
Hi guys, I've finally completed Hindenburg in MD scale, after starting him over 12 months! I have been drawing on and off so it took a lot longer than it should have. The latest version is on the first page.

There is one part i'm not too sure that I've drawn as well as can be done and that is the stern torpedo tube, the rigging, in parts are not visible in photos and as a result I have not included those parts. Namely the fore and aft most sections over the bow and stern respectively. Colombamike any assistance would be helpful.

So have a look guys and tell me what you think

Cheers.

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: June 7th, 2019, 8:56 pm
Fantastic drawing.
Witnessing it develop was a - to me, and I believe to others as well - a joyful journey, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more projects like these in the future. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: