Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: March 17th, 2018, 2:07 am
That ship is looking really good - I am following this thread with great admiration for Tempests work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: March 19th, 2018, 8:30 pm
Thank you Krakatoa

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: March 24th, 2018, 11:18 pm
I've done more work to Hindenburg (YAY!!) I've mostly concentrated on the bow. Starting from the bow and working to the stern. I've added the basic shield of the coat-of-arms of the von Hindenburg family, a new design railing, large bollards, an anchor chain (no anchor yet lol) , a powered windlass, an anchor capstan, a sky light, second bollard group, that pole that the ships boats are tied to (name please?), reduced the thickness of the barrels of the main guns and added canvas blast bags. At turret Dora I've started on the lowerable steps and along the length of the ship I've added various deck clutter.

I've also added more super structure and deck parts to the General Equipment Parts sheet.

Any comments are welcome,

Enjoy,

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: March 25th, 2018, 1:16 am
Tempest the work you are doing is first class, it is amazing how much more detail you can put into this size of ship. Now if one of our other German artists or Tempest (again) would do the Prinz Eugen, in the same scale, then both my favourite German ships would come to life. (Living in hope)

It is fabulous that as more and better resources are brought up into the digital age, in sizes that can be worked with in larger and larger scales.

Imagine trying to do this work on a 14" monitor from the 1980's early 90's. Back then my HDD was a 40mb, now its 2TB and a 28" monitor. Even with the 28" monitor I can not see the Hindenburg in one go at 100%. Looks like I may have to start using the 50" TV for display purposes at MD Scale!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: March 27th, 2018, 8:11 am
Its coming along wonderfully and is even better than I imagined it would.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: March 27th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Great work Tempest, looks amazing so far ;-) (Tirpitz next? :-P)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: April 1st, 2018, 11:12 am
Thanks for the comments guys, although I would love to be able to draw requests, I think I wouldn't have the time! Haha :). My next drawing will be much smaller maybe a destroyer or a U-boat. I'm posting the progress I've made, I'm finding it harder now as its the smaller details I'm trying to get right. I've added armour plate lines to the hull and would like to know you all think they look right or not. I've added deck railings along the bow up to the first 150mm casemate, removed the rear FlaK gun grouping as they weren't actually fitted added a ladder up the rear leg of the foremast, added the bilge keel and other modifications. I'm still not happy with the anchor but its progressing.

Opinions please guys.

All the best

Tempest

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: December 5th, 2018, 10:49 pm
Its been quite a while since I've posted any drawings or updates as I have been busy with real life and other things that keep my interest, The last month or so I’ve gotten back into drawing and now I’m at the point I've almost finished Hindenburg. With the drawing so advanced and I not being able to wait until the drawing is completely finished I wanted to hear your thoughts on the drawing, which hopefully shows the potential of the scale better than before.

To be honest it has been a joy drawing in this scale and I intend to draw more in the future.

The drawing is on the first page.

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: December 6th, 2018, 6:57 am
That is a wonderfully executed drawing Tempest. I see there is a bit of hull work to go. Those bright red and purple lines do make a bit of a statement of their own.

I might have to have a re-think on doing UK D Cl's and maybe a series on the Abdiel minelayers both of which I have quite a bit of info on.

Be an interesting scale to work with for sure - each and every rivet has its own dot.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: NEW SCALE: MD Scale (4 Pixels : 1 Foot)Posted: December 6th, 2018, 9:28 am
That is great progress and its come out pretty good, some nice detailing too. This scale has potential for sure.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: