Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 6th, 2012, 6:42 pm
that is another one I can scrap of my WIP list, then -.-

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 6th, 2012, 7:27 pm
Ace, I didn't know you had it. I can just keep mine in the archives. It's finished and all, just haven't got down to actually posting, since so much else always takes precedence. I did mine, really without any thought, originally of having it posted...but since that Belgian website image was posted, I was reminded about it.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 6th, 2012, 7:38 pm
well, I have one WIP, but you can post yours if you want. just let it be good.
the basic shape is almost perfect, it just needs updated details, shading and parts..... just your cup of tea, as most of your projects are exactly that. I started on it but expected an total redraw, which was not needed in the end.

btw, you might want to check the bridge and mast and even redraw it, I am not certain of those parts.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 6th, 2012, 10:34 pm
You're right about all those things, my friend, I did completely redraw those structures too, for, as you pointed out, the submitted drawing at SB is faulty there. I also redrew the funnel and a few other things, so I think it'd be good...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 7th, 2012, 10:24 am
well, feel free to post it then :P I'll go after the perry then, which most likely will need an total redraw.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 7th, 2012, 4:08 pm
And for that I may be able to help you with both the Spanish Santa Maria and Australian Sydney classes, but yes, do those, since they need a redoing, especially their underwater hull configurations! I'm eagerly looking forward to your always smart drawings, ace!

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:47 pm
Nice to see you guys have found an alternative to private messaging :mrgreen:

Anyhow, here's another gallery that is worth visiting (in my opinion):
http://pixel-pencil.deviantart.com/gallery/28749333
There are, of course, quite a few crazy designs but there are also real and realistic ships like these:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

There's even a parts sheet: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 3ejo8x.png

A potential bucketeer? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:52 pm
WhyMe, you're so right! It's nice to talk things over in a nice., civilized manner, and, yes, why not here then? But I regard ace as a friend, so wouldn't want to be rude and abrasive with him; and I know he shares my sentiment!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Fine pixel-artPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:57 pm
WhyMe wrote:
There are, of course, quite a few crazy designs but there are also real and realistic ships like these:
[ img ]
More than just realistic, there was an actual proposal to finish Illinois (BB-66) with a single funnel and if construction was finished it likely would've been completed as such. The single funnel would've allowed for better AA-gun arcs and IIRC the ship would've been finished with better flag facilities too (either Halsey or Nimitz - I forget who - was basically custom re-designing it into his personal flagship). Though some of the details are off like the prow and complete absence of medium-caliber turrets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: