Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
Gollevainen
Post subject: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm
...and he was too tired to give proper description today (I will tommorow)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 6th, 2010, 5:22 am
Huh, so Komintern just goes by "Objekt" numbers and nothing more, eh?

Anyway, very impressive.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 6th, 2010, 5:46 am
O-140 was the first postwar tank which went into mass production. It's roots lies in fact in the Komintern build versions of Soviet T-34 which were used largely by the Don Army and the whole Red Army during WWII. O-140 is however highly evaluated from the orginal T-34 thus hardly any element reminds of the old Soviet Tanks. O-140 has 4 man crew, 100mm gun and two 7,62mm machine guns as well as option to field 12,7mm heavy AA machinegun. It was in the production from 1949 untill 1965 with total of 5 major variants and over 7,000 tanks produced.

O-430 was awnser to increasing power of western tanks like M60 but as well to the new Soviet T-62 tank with 115mm gun. O-430 featured 122mm maingun making it the most powerfull main battle tank in the world after it's introduction. Production run from 1965 untill 1977 and 15 000 units where build making it the most numerous post WWII Komintern tank. The tank proven itself as the main tank force for Red Army for decades to come, modernised variants of the later patches servicing untill today.

During the 60's and early 70's new ideas in tank designing started to revolutionarise the field. Soviet Union introduced T-64 with only 3 man crew and autoloading 125mm maingun and US fielded a new missilefiring M551 and M60A2s. In Komintern this was awnsered with two paralel projects of which the first was O-225. It was end result of lenghtly evolution and development of a pure 3 man crew missiletank with compromising with more traditional tank concept. It featured smoothbore 122mm gun wich was able to fire both conventional tank mutions as well as guided anti-tank missiles. The gun was fitted with autoloader somewhat similar as in Soviet T-64 tank. The tank was powered with gasturbines making it the seccond frontline main battle tank after T-80 to field such propulsion. Production started in 1977 and 5 000 tanks were build untill 1992 in three main variants, last of them O-225U featuring diesel engines in place of the gasturbines.

O-780 was designed paralel with the O-225 but it's development was more lenghtly and it didn't enter service untill 1983. It's requirements were not less that outpower any current and under development tank abroad. It's main driving adversor was the MBT-70 project and it's ofspirngs. It was alot heavier design compared to the general trend of Komitern or Soviet tanks weighting over 60 tons. It was heavily amoured and fielded new smoothbore 130mm gun wich was able to fire both normal gun rounds as well as ATGMs. The large tower was mainly due new bustle-mounted autoloader instead of the carusel type of used in O-225. Altough heavier, more expensive and complex, it prooven to be superior to O-225 in overall combat performance and as the trend with the western tanks were into similar size monsterns, It surpassed in the production as the main battle tank model in late 80's. It's improvised versions are still in production.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 7th, 2010, 9:46 am
Very interesting, can't wait to see the pre-war stuff.
It's always been odd to me that the Soviets went for 125mm over 122mm. That seemed a much more common calibre for the Soviets.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 12:54 am
Is that reactive armor on the O-780?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 1:36 am
Yes it is. I believe Golly even mentioned as much in the backstory.

And especially after working on scaling that IoT tank, it just occurred to me how much of a monster Objekt 780 is, especially considering the stuff before it.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 3:28 am
Yeah, that thing is a beast!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Komintern goes FDPosted: September 18th, 2010, 1:08 pm
Why such a large turret basket for the O-780?

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings”

Jump to: