|erik_t wrote: *||December 6th, 2018, 10:02 pm|
If anything, I think you could get away with fewer SPG-62 since you have AMDR-X and (presumably) SM-6. I'd retain (probably) one fore and aft to burn through jamming at extreme range, or something, but they don't seem like they should pose a saturation problem.
Ah, good, I was thinking that existing ships pretty much had one illuminator per 32 cell unit, and by that standard I should have had three aft and two forward.
Nice to know that won't be necessary. I'll keep the ones I have for now though, SPG-62 is at the very least still useful for SM3.
|alotef wrote: *||December 7th, 2018, 2:26 am|
Pretty grand effort on the 3D modelling here.
I've done spaceships before, in a similar way to how I'm doing this - build a parts library of weapons and sensors, then concentrate on getting the hull and superstructure right and just populate it with the various bits and bobs. The only thing really new is that I figured out how to do warship hulls properly, and decided to actually *go* for it this time. My spaceship fleet was based on the WW2 US Navy, just with two superstructures (one underneath the ship), and I ended up covering pretty much all of the destroyers, cruisers and battleships, and I was starting to figure out carriers by the time I gave up because my computer wasn't handling it.
And this is still not really a serious effort, if I was going whole hog on the accuracy of everything I'd have my UI loaded up with all manner of drawings and stuff. This is for *fun*. I haven't even bothered checking what the deck height on the real Burkes is, I just went with 3 meters because it's easy to work with.
Anyway, I did some work to the forward deckhouse - the two big base parts are now a single base part so I don't have to worry about objects poking through each other when they're not supposed to. And then I populated the countermeasures deck:
Mk36 SRBOC and Mk52 Nulka DLS have been built and installed, same arrangement on both sides so there's 36 SRBOC tubes and 8 Nulka ready to fire.
The orange thing is my man-size reference object, it's 1.8 meters tall.
I also, based on someone pointing this feature out to me, decided to use the octuple Harpoon launcher arrangement from the Sejong the Great (KDX-III) class destroyers.
Also, while I was looking for sRGB values for the FS595 paints I spotted a particular combination of paints that begged to be used, just for fun:
J Random Drugsmuggler is about to have a very bad day. (And so is the accounting office at the USCG....)