With the end of 80's Polish Armed Forces start to work on concept of new MBT that would replace T-72 tanks. It was the worst time for any defense programs, with collapse of Warsaw Pact, political changes in country and grim economical situation work on new project move slowly and hesitantly. The more or less official name was Goryl (Gorilla) but in 1995 name was changed to Anders (after Władysław Anders, commander of armored formations in WWII) but that name never appear in official documentation. After some ups and downs, politician statements without substance and general lack of foundings program was canceled. The nail in the coffin was very high estimated cost of single tank that was more than two times higher than cost of PT-91.
Available specs are... peculiar in some cases.
- 46-51 ton
- 9760 mm
- 3890 mm
- 2460 mm
- Composite armor with side anti-cumulative screens or reactive armor.
- 125mm (probably 2A46) or 120mm (probably Rh-120)
- 7.62mm PKT coaxial general-purpose machine gun and 12.7mm in remote weapon station
- Rolls Royce Condor 1500 KM
- Renk ESM 500
- Torsion bar or hydropneumatic
- 70 km/h on road, 45 km/h in cross country
- 550 km