Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: April 3rd, 2016, 8:06 pm
Here are the badges for the last Deutschland-class pre-dreadnought, SMS Schlesien:
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: April 3rd, 2016, 9:47 pm
:o Ooooooo :!:

Now THEY'RE nice DG........ FANTASTIC work :D

Well done to YOU sir :P

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: April 4th, 2016, 10:14 am
DG_Alpha wrote:
Here are the badges for the last Deutschland-class pre-dreadnought, SMS Schlesien]
Wow, that's some detailed work. Looks impressively real!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: April 11th, 2016, 9:37 pm
Beautiful work DG. Really lovely :P I will upload them as soon I come home to my own computer. Probably tomorrow ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: April 12th, 2016, 8:00 pm
Page 1 updated :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 16th, 2016, 4:17 pm
Hi Kim, I'm currently drawing the German World War One battleship SMS Baden, commissioned in 1917 he never received a badge on his bow. With this in mind would Baden still have the coat-of-arms of the Grand Duchy of Baden assigned to the ship?

I've drawn the coat-of-arms in any case.

[ img ]

Regards

Tempest.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

Last edited by Tempest on May 5th, 2019, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 17th, 2016, 9:59 am
Hi Tempest!

There is a photograph floating around in the WWW somewhere which shows Baden's launch ceremony; don't ask me where, I only saw it, but never downloaded it. That one shows the bow crest attached, although it was apparently removed soon after launch. So I think there's no problem putting the large crest on the picture, I'm sure they stored it somewhere to be re-attached after the war. I would not put it on the actual ship, though, because I have not seen any photograph that shows Baden with bow crest.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 17th, 2016, 11:55 am
Garlicdesign wrote:
Hi Tempest!

There is a photograph floating around in the WWW somewhere which shows Baden's launch ceremony; don't ask me where, I only saw it, but never downloaded it. That one shows the bow crest attached, although it was apparently removed soon after launch. So I think there's no problem putting the large crest on the picture, I'm sure they stored it somewhere to be re-attached after the war. I would not put it on the actual ship, though, because I have not seen any photograph that shows Baden with bow crest.

Greetings
GD
Hi GD, thanks for replying, I've not seen that picture, I have done a lot of searches for photos though. If it was a complicated badge I'd have waited for confirmation first before drawing it but with it being so simple I thought I'd draw my first badge.

All the best

Tempest.

Last edited by Tempest on July 3rd, 2016, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 17th, 2016, 9:34 pm
Garlicdesign wrote:
Hi Tempest!

Greetings
GD
Here is the launching of SMS Baden. The crest on the bows in not attached, or is not visible in the image
[ img ]
Any way a nice effort Tempest.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the fleets of GermanyPosted: June 17th, 2016, 10:01 pm
Novice wrote:
Thank you for the praise Novice, and thank you for the photo, I do have that one, although I have it saved as Baden's launch, I believe it to be either Sachen or Wurttemberg due to the lack of any ceremony during the launch.

Regards

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 14  [ 134 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: