Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 19th, 2012, 9:29 pm
We have now reached 240 different badges in the Great Britain CoA's parts sheets thread. My wish is that one of you mates contribute with badge number 250. To achieve this goal I've decided to make this litlle contest, and unlikely other contests here on sb there is a first price:
I will draw a personal CoA to the winner
It will to an example could be used as an avatar here at sb!

The rules:
1. I - myself - do not participate!
2. The badge shall represent a real life RN or RFA vessel and must not have been drawn yet.
3. Unless the badge is an unofficial (but recognized) from before 1920 you shall use one of the below shown badge frame matrix's (the right frame shape of course!).
4. The motive shall be drawn in pixels and the name must not be anti-aliased
5. The badge must NOT be posted here but shall be send to me via pm! (I think it's rather obvious why)

I'll hope a lot of you would think it will be fun to participate :D

Here are the matrix's

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 19th, 2012, 9:54 pm
Sounds very interesting... I might do an attempt for fun(even though I'm not very good at badges :mrgreen: )...
Questions:
Is there any ordered list of badges not yet drawn, or will you have to go through the whole RN badge thread?
And when is the time limit set?

EDIT 9:54 PM: I've started poking with the HMS Ulysses badge a bit(I couldn't find it on the forum so far). While for the destroyer, mostly in honour of my favourite fictional light cruiser. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 20th, 2012, 12:15 am
:D You can do it two ways. Either go through the hole list of already drawn badges or - if you already have a badge in mind - go into the list (which is ordered alphabetical) and see if it is drawn or not. BTW the badge for HMS Ulysses is a bright idea :D
Concerning a time limit I think it will come naturally. When badge number 250 is received by me I will publicise all drawings and declare the winner ;)

P.S. I forgot to wrote that it's allowed to draw more than one badge :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm
I'm in. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 20th, 2012, 9:32 pm
I'm in, definitely in

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 21st, 2012, 5:44 pm
Count me in. I already did one badge.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 21st, 2012, 5:51 pm
:D I'm looking forward to receive your badges. The first is already arrived :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: October 25th, 2012, 10:36 pm
I know a status would be nice for some of the drawers, but I will only tell that it could soon be to late, so come on; make your badges complete and post them to me :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: November 4th, 2012, 2:47 pm
Originally my intend was to keep it secret how many badges I've received untill number 250 was obtained. Maybe I was to optimistic because rapidly there came seven contributions but after that nothing more happened. The skilled mathemathicians can now figure out there still missing three badges. I'll hope this information will motivate you to draw the last so we can find a winner :D
Here are the first seven. All of them fine badges which do the thread great honour :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Great Britain badge contestPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 12:34 am
Of some reason this contest has gone dead :( There have been the seven badges (look above) so we're now reached 247. To kick the contest alive again I contribute with two new badges. Now you couldn't get a better opportunity to win a personal CoA :D Who wil be the first to present a british badge according to the above mentioned rules :?: It's OK to upload it directly here :!:

The two badges is the unofficial badge for HMS Furious (used until late 1919) which might have been the inspiration for the later official pentagonal badge for cruisers, and the other is for the C Class destroyer HMS Cassandra. Badge number 248 and 249
[ img ][ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: