Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
KimWerner
Post subject: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: June 2nd, 2014, 12:02 am
Notice: All Australian Navy badges, including the Navy Brandmark and ceremonial badge are protected by both international and domestic law. In Australia, they are protected by the Defence Act 1903, section 83 and various forms of trademark and intellectual property legislation. Overseas, they are protected by international agreements and conventions protecting trademarks and intellectual property. Serious military and civil penalties can be incurred for any unauthorised use. Any misuse or unauthorised use should be reported to the appropriate authority.
Please consider this when using these badges in the relevant artwork. Shipbucket Intellectual Fair Use agreement still apply to these images as well, in regards to the artists credited.

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on January 24th, 2015, 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: June 2nd, 2014, 12:06 am
Here is the thread for the Australian naval vessels badges before the RAN got indenpendent in 1920 (for RAN badges from 1920 and forward go to this thread: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =22&t=2837) It's basically caused by Rodondo's effort this thread has started, so thanks to him :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: August 3rd, 2014, 9:08 am
No worries Kim, just getting things drawn. :)

HMAS Tingira, ex-Sobraon, 1913-1927, Moored Training Ship

[ img ]

HMAS Torrens, River Class Destroyer,1916-1920, Training Ship 1920-1925

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: August 21st, 2014, 7:44 pm
@ I'm sorry Rodondo :oops: For some reason I've overlooked your last post here! As always fine pieces of art from you :D One question though, before I'll put them in templates; are you sure that the badge for HMAS Tingira had the scroll and crown from the beginning?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: August 22nd, 2014, 3:34 am
No I'm afraid I'm not sure Kim, Tingira has had a bit of confusion surrounding her, no-one seems sure what and when her official badges were, I seen very basic evidence of another badge which had no surrounds or scroll, just the rope ring and center but I have not much backing evidence. The one here has most evidence supporting it, I'd say it was adopted in the late WW1 period till it's decommissioning. To add the confusion, a shore training "ship" was named Tingira and given a separate badge with a lion's head replacing the simple "T".

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: September 9th, 2014, 12:37 am
bad news Kim, it seems there is yet another HMAS Australia badge for the WW1 period, I've made a start on it and its essentially what you've drawn except different frame and colours

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: January 24th, 2015, 12:32 pm
Now I've restored page one so it's possible to see the badges again :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: April 20th, 2017, 10:29 am
Hi Kim, what's the go for Australian badges prior to 1911?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: April 21st, 2017, 11:37 pm
Rodondo wrote: *
Hi Rodondo :) What about you make a suggestion how to categorise it. Should it be divided in six seperate post for each colony? Or maybe it wasn't all of the colonies having own fleet (and if, maybe no badges)? I think - between me and you - you have the best knowledge in this matter :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: CoA parts sheet for the Royal Australian Navy 1911-1920Posted: April 22nd, 2017, 5:51 am
KimWerner wrote: *
Rodondo wrote: *
Hi Rodondo :) What about you make a suggestion how to categorise it. Should it be divided in six seperate post for each colony? Or maybe it wasn't all of the colonies having own fleet (and if, maybe no badges)? I think - between me and you - you have the best knowledge in this matter :D
Out of the colonies, five had a fleet of some sort and only three issued badges, to my knowledge there is only 4 badges pre 1900-1911, not to say more won't surface or did exist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Coats of Arms and Ship's Badges” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: