Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 32 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Go to page « 130 31 32 33 34 35 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 2:01 pm
Quote:
. And there is no comments on it
Don't worry, I've found out that the better the drawing is, the less comments it gets. Usually people want to show off and feel themselves better and some sort of experts, and thus waste most of their posting on poorly drawn or otherwise inadequate drawings (be them parts or ships).... when someone cannot figure out something worth of saying out of something that would put the poster in better ligth than the artist, they keep their mouth shut. In exelent ships, the praises migth follow, but in everyday work such as partsheets, they tend to ignore them alltogether.

that naturally doesen't make parts anyway poorer nor degrate their value. We just have to live with it.
Best praises for your work comes when people start using them.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 2:12 pm
heuhen, it is your choice. my voice on the 3 is this: if possible, urge for the 29, but I have to admit the 28 looks the best. (and I think that matter is the problem heuhen wants comments for, if I am right)
EDIT: and as you have used that one in the other views, I think you preferred the 28 one as well, right?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 2:38 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
heuhen, it is your choice. my voice on the 3 is this: if possible, urge for the 29, but I have to admit the 28 looks the best. (and I think that matter is the problem heuhen wants comments for, if I am right)
EDIT: and as you have used that one in the other views, I think you preferred the 28 one as well, right?
yes I prefer the 28px but I have been so long on the forum that I know that nothing is final before someone suddenly in 2 or 3. months time comment on it. That's why I am almost screaming it out, so that don't happen.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 4:25 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Don't worry, I've found out that the better the drawing is, the less comments it gets. Usually people want to show off and feel themselves better and some sort of experts, and thus waste most of their posting on poorly drawn or otherwise inadequate drawings (be them parts or ships).... when someone cannot figure out something worth of saying out of something that would put the poster in better ligth than the artist, they keep their mouth shut. In exelent ships, the praises migth follow, but in everyday work such as partsheets, they tend to ignore them alltogether.

that naturally doesen't make parts anyway poorer nor degrate their value. We just have to live with it.
Best praises for your work comes when people start using them.
Truer words have never been spoken, and I speak as one of those fake-experts.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 6:45 pm
I'd go for the 28 px size if the gun barrel is two lines, and 29px if it's three lines.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 25th, 2013, 1:09 am
Harry I have always maintained that artists that draw part sheet items are the great unsung heros of SB. To my shame I have provided very few parts and always appreciate the wonderful guns, radars, aircraft and ships badges that make my drawings so much better than they really are. :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 26th, 2013, 9:24 am
Well its not a very old part but Thales did display the I-mast 500 for the first time a few days ago in Korea, So here it is:

[ img ]

The mast is for FFG-DDG sized ships, obviously it has :
- Seamaster 400 ( SMILE ) volume search radar ( S-band)
- Integrated Communication Antenna System (ICAS)
- APAR plates for guidance for missile's and cannons.

Its probly nog 100% accurate design due to the lack of good info on the mast, but its a start.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: October 26th, 2013, 9:38 am
Bombhead wrote:
Harry I have always maintained that artists that draw part sheet items are the great unsung heros of SB.:geek:
No wonder I almost every time here Bonnie Taylor sing "I need an Hero" in the back of my head.... when I am trying to here on music from the music style of Electronic and trance!

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 1st, 2013, 2:28 am
That AAW I-Mast looks awesome! Hmm, I have seen a similar I-Mast (with SeaMaster 400 and APAR) in an old parts sheet, is the one you posted an updated version of that concept?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Renewing the old parts sheetsPosted: November 1st, 2013, 2:16 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
Thales did display the I-mast 500 for the first time a few days ago in Korea, So here it is:
[ img ]
The mast is for FFG-DDG sized ships, obviously it has :
- Seamaster 400 ( SMILE ) volume search radar ( S-band)
- Integrated Communication Antenna System (ICAS)
- APAR plates for guidance for missile's and cannons.
Its probly nog 100% accurate design due to the lack of good info on the mast, but its a start.
Your drawing need to be modified with this :mrgreen:

Very interesting this I-Mast 500 :D
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Waiting to see this newer integrated mast onboard a 5600/8000 tons futur Korean destroyer !
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 32 of 35  [ 347 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 130 31 32 33 34 35 »

Jump to: