Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 41 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page « 139 40 41 42 4347 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 18th, 2016, 4:59 pm
Hood, amazing work! a few small things come to mind though.....
- I redrew the Hazemeijer mount, it is on the dutch parts sheet as Bofors 40mm L/60 No. 4 (as that was the dutch name for it). the reason I did not post it yet in the RN parts sheets thread as hazemeijer is that I was not certain about the changes between dutch and british radar antennae on the mount. this was the dutch one: http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/Guns/Sweers_bofors40.jpg
- Gosh, I was looking so long for T82 ikara magazine references, where have you found these? You or I might have to redraw the T12M magazine too this standard, though, as right now it looks awful :(
- The STIR on the VM-40, would it not be better to list it as STIR 180? at the time that was the only dutch STIR antenna, so references might just call it STIR, but since then the 240 (1985 or something) and 120 (near 2000) were added.........
- I see your CAMM GWS-26 VLS looks deeper then the GWS-26 for sea wolf, I am wondering how this would fit in the ships? possibly my old size was off, or they modified the ships, but something seems off there :P in addition, the GWS-26 can be any amount of VLS cells, right? so listing 32 cell VLS next to an single cell might be confusing.
- If you have the dutch hazemeyer set listed in radars as well, would the T282 (fitted on the copied hazemeyer mountings) not be shown as such too? or is that included in the pompom directors?

but again, outstanding work! I have to add to this my reactions while looking....
Bloody hell, sonars! awesome.
Holy shit, The size of this!
yeah, I agree with erik, excellent stuff.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 18th, 2016, 8:12 pm
Excellent piece of work. Magnificence in all its glory! Well done Hood.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 18th, 2016, 8:50 pm
Great work, very good quality and enough quantity that it looks extremely complete.
Amazing how you manage to dig up new un-built systems with every new version!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 12:03 am
Excellent updates Hood, have you set up a Dropbox account? I find it very easy to use. I wish I could take credit for the parts sheets but the credit must go to DG_Alpha, I merely imitated and finally tweaked my sheets with a dashing of BB's parts sheets.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 1:47 am
Well done to all (especially Hood) who put these together. Thanks to Heuhen for hosting them.

[Profile] [Quote]
dy031101
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 6:05 am
Thanks for the ST805 :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 6:58 am
Hi everyone

Very impressive collection, kudos to everyone involved!

Maybe I can add a few more examples for WWI era directors, of which there seem to be umphteen different designs (most of them probably containing the same equipment...)

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 8:04 am
Thanks for all the praises and comments, I'm glad you all like them and find them easy to use. I know they are big sheets but I think it worked better big than splitting things up too much.

erik_T,
Thanks, I think the sonars should be correct. Its amazing how even drawings in books either don't label the sonars on drawings or vaguely reference them and depictions vary. It took me some head scratching but I think these will suffice, there are probably a couple of other sets that could be shown but details are sketchy. It should be sufficient to get people started.

Ace,
Missed your redrawn Hazemeyer, I might have to go back and add that. I think just the radar was changed for British mounts. Issac Sweers it seems retained her Dutch radar antenna. The RN mount is not on the radar sheet too to avoid clutter and only example mounts are shown for the most numerous WW2 fittings.
The Ikakra magazine plans are from official files and are Vickers Barrow drawings. I also have the CVA-01 magazine but felt that was probably a bit niche for these. I have some info on the GWS41 set up for the Leanders but maybe not enough for a full magazine layout. Also folks, note the new to-scale Ikara missile too! The old one went back to SB pre-history!
I could change the STIR label but the correct radar to use is there so folks don't need to search for it.
The CAMM VLS tube is drawn to scale from info I found, I note that the CAMM VLS is not the same as the GWS26 tube and is a stand-alone product for new ships. I'm not sure how deep GWS-26 should be, never seen specs for the depth. 32-cell might be confusing but smaller set-ups were quite rare (just the Brunei corvettes?).

dy031101,
You're welcome, glad to add another export set to the sheet.

GD,
Sure, I'd love to add some more WW1 era directors. I'd like even more to understand any kind of designation or numbering or even date order. There seem to many different rangefinder fittings across all the classes.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 9:03 am
:o O M G :!:

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC work there Hoody my old China. Well Done sir :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: RN Weapon and Radar SheetsPosted: September 19th, 2016, 5:16 pm
yeah, as far as I know only the radars were different, maybe some equipment fitted with the radar, but that should not be visible at sb scale.
the dutch ships IIRC retained the dutch antenna (especially Isaac Sweers did, that is for certain), but should the dutch set be on this part sheet at all?
and the new Ikara is amazing ;) also, an simple 'the spaces are this size' for the leanders would be nice too, altough maybe not on the parts sheets as that was quite an improvised layout and I doubt it would work on non-leander vessels......
I cannot remember how I estimated the GWS-26 length, but if you have the size of the GWS-26 VLS and know it was not changed for the T23 fit of the CAMM, it is more likely my estimate (I am certain I have not used any hard data for it) would be off and the GWS-26 sea wolf tube should be lengthened somewhat ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 41 of 47  [ 469 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 139 40 41 42 4347 »

Jump to: