Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 9  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: North Point FDPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 10:16 pm
Colosseum wrote:
It's a mix of the Tornado and F-111 from what I've been told.

Here are the stats (I didn't come up with it so don't yell at me if they are wrong...): http://statesmanship.co.uk/wiki/Wentworth_Shrike
In my opinion the best two strike aircraft of the 1970/80's good choice..... Excellent drawing. The Tornado's avionics package coupled with the Aardvarks weapons capability, unrivalled......

I would of added the Tornado's laser range finder under the forward fuselage, and lose the what i assume is a rotary bomb bay for a similar fuselage arrangement of pylons, add this to the Aardvarks 6 wing stations gives ability to carry jamming and decoy equipment external fuel and still an effective bomb load....

Last edited by shippy2013 on November 23rd, 2013, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: North Point FDPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 10:18 pm
Nice work!
BTW, I'm seeing everything in this thread other than this, screenshots, and the Seasprite showing up as pizzaboxes. Anyone else getting this?

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Point FDPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 10:30 pm
Yes... sorry... I reorganized my Dropbox folder last week and forgot to update the links.

Here's everything reposted all at once:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And all the non-North Point stuff:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Point FDPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 11:13 pm
shippy2013 wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
It's a mix of the Tornado and F-111 from what I've been told.

Here are the stats (I didn't come up with it so don't yell at me if they are wrong...): http://statesmanship.co.uk/wiki/Wentworth_Shrike
In my opinion the best two strike aircraft of the 1970/80's good choice..... Excellent drawing. The Tornado's avionics package coupled with the Aardvarks weapons capability, unrivalled......

I would of added the Tornado's laser range finder under the forward fuselage, and lose the what i assume is a rotary bomb bay for a similar fuselage arrangement of pylons, add this to the Aardvarks 6 wing stations gives ability to carry jamming and decoy equipment external fuel and still an effective bomb load....
I didn't design the aircraft and I didn't draw the original drawing - I just gave it a North Point paint scheme. ;)

Also, the point of the plane wasn't to minmax the capabilities but to create something believable within the time period imagined. I think Matt and Praetonia did a good job all things considered. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 9  [ 84 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9

Jump to: