Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
denodon
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 5th, 2012, 2:32 am
Quick question, does anybody know what the Gyoraitei in battlestations: pacific is specifically? I've searched the name but nothing I've found looks like the one in the game (which is fun too).

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 5th, 2012, 7:53 am
The Gyoraitei is, as far as I know, a small torpedo boat. It gives of a slightly for multi-purpose than the American PT Elco, considering the two tripple 25mm mounts(granted, they sucked). It is infamous among modellers and drawers for being very hard to get good sources. I know a guy who made a lego modell of it a while ago, who noted the lack of proper sources...:
http://mocpages.com/moc.php/254985

I've played BS:P a few times myself, even though it's riddled with historical errors( :ugeek: ), though I agree it can be great fun in itself. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 7th, 2012, 4:21 am
I searched high and low for info on the "Gyoraitei" and all I could find were some obscure references to Dutch torpedo boats which had been captured in the East Indies when the Japanese overran the region. I believe the devs of BS:P probably just used them as the counterpart to the American PTs in the game.

As far as I know, the Japanese didn't make nearly as extensive a use of PT boats as the USN did. But I could be wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 7th, 2012, 4:43 am
You're right Colo, the Japanese didn't have any MTBs in the sense of the other navies but had a few high speed small torpedo boats that performed a similar role. The Gyoraiteis are quite likely hence to be the Dutch boats you are refering to. From what I've found none of the boats built by Japan itself are the same so it has to have come from one of the colonial navies.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 7th, 2012, 11:42 am
They where Dutch TM-4 class, whish I plan to do in FD myself.

[Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 7th, 2012, 2:56 pm
That's one of the boats yes. The type I'm interested in mostly is the T-1, of which it seems Colo did a SB drawing in the archive of;

[ img ]

They were larger than the T-4s but I'm assuming also of a foreign design.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Drawing MTBsPosted: December 7th, 2012, 4:46 pm
That was literally eyeballed from a screenshot taking in BS:M and honestly shouldn't even be in the real designs section... I guess what I'm saying is don't use it as a reference. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: