Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
nighthunter
Post subject: The Joint Republics of Israel and PalestinePosted: February 1st, 2013, 9:09 am
Okay, I wrote it once, but *Bleep* crashed, so I lost everything I had written. Anywho, long story short: Soviets fuel up Arab extremism & anti-Semitic feelings in the region post WW2, Palestine and Israel ally to protect each other, and jointly occupy Jerusalem.

Here's the cliff notes from establishment to Early WW2:

1920:
-League of Nations Mandate that the US and Great Britain, administratively run the Region of Palestine.
1923:
-League of Nations officially Recognizes the States of Israel and Palestine, both under governorship of the US and GB governments.
1936:
-Anti-Semitism in Nazi Germany reaches new heights, US officials in Israel start to worry.
1938:
-The trickle of European Jews to Israel Grows to a small flood. Stories & rumors are spread of concentration camps in Germany.
1939:
-Germany & USSR Invade Poland, Jews rounded up by Gestapo and Waffen SS. Some escape to Israel.
-Great Britain declares war on Germany, France follows, as do the other nations, US, meanwhile remains Neutral while building up arms supplies in Israel.
-Italy declares war on the Allies.
-British Palestine Government establishes Palestinian Army Units.
-US Israeli Government establishes Israeli Defense Forces. American Jewish Volunteers join the ranks and assist in training.
1940:
-Some Palestinian Army units are sent to re-enforce British forces in Greece.
1941:
-Germany declares war on US run Israel, after successful Campaign in Greece, and capture of Crete. Italy follows suit.
-German Afrika Korps is deployed to North Africa to assist the Italian Army.
-Japan bombs Pearl Harbor; US Government declares war on Japan and Axis powers.
-US Government in Israel declares war on Germany and Italy.

Israeli Army Air Corps:

P-36 Hawk:
[ img ]
P-40B Tomahawk:
[ img ]
P-66 Vanguard:

P-40 Warhawks:
[ img ]
P-43 Lancer:
[ img ]
P-51A Mustang:
[ img ]
A-36 Apache:
[ img ]
P-51B/C Mustangs:
[ img ][ img ]

Royal Palestine Air Force:

Gladiator:
[ img ]
Hurricanes:
[ img ]
[ img ]
Spitfire:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: The Joint Republics of Israel and PalestinePosted: February 1st, 2013, 10:01 am
An interesting exercise in camoflage, and the planes look nice. But...ah shucks sorry to be the spoil sport but it just wouldn't work, you could have either a 'Palestinian' state, or an 'Israeli' state, not both at that time; and the USA was pretty well anti semitic, as were just about every other country. Once it was blindingly obvious that the Jewish population of Germany were heading for disaster, the only country that offered settlement was the Domican Republic, willing to take 20,000 as settlers.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Joint Republics of Israel and PalestinePosted: February 1st, 2013, 10:52 am
Yes, I agree with Portsmouth Bill. Nice drawings, but as for the backstory... :( Plausible like Tea Party voting en masse for Obama. ;P
Btw. initially Soviets were supporting Israel (rather quietly - like with helping to organize arms shipments from Czechoslovakia), and as for the anti-Semitic feelings, there was no need to fuel it up - they were already well fueled since Jews started to migrate back to Palestine in the early XX century and even more after the Balfour Declaration of 1917 that announced the possible prospect of (very vague) British support for the idea a Jewish "national home" in Palestine. Not mentioning that then Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (de facto leader of Palestinians) was a BFF with certain failed Austrian painter and his boys in black uniforms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Amin_al-Husayni

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: The Joint Republics of Israel and PalestinePosted: February 1st, 2013, 1:33 pm
I agree with both Bill and eswube on this one.
The drawings look great, but the backstory unrealistic in every way even consideing its an AU...
The Palestinians rather be destroyed or join the Axis powers or open their own conflict then join the Israelis.
I'm as an Isreali see it every day in everything.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: The Joint Republics of Israel and PalestinePosted: February 1st, 2013, 9:09 pm
Okay, so before this gets into a Judea-Palestinian politics thread, I'm gonna nip it in the bud, from a 3rd party perspective, the racial dislike goes both ways. I know of Israelis and Palestinians willing to seek peace, and there are those that would rather be dead than work together. Thing's are not perfect, even in my AU, I do try to keep things real, to a point, atrocities were committed by both sides during the withdrawal of British Troops after Israel was recognized as an Independent state. And even before then, but never forget that there were people on both sides who lived together, peacefully and helped each other. It bothers me that everyone sees the bad of either the Israeli government being a bunch of Thugs while they try to stop the suicide bombings, the actions of extremists. Or they get the impression that the Hezbollah is nothing but a bunch of terrorists, when a lot of them see themselves fighting for equal rights. I don't live there, but I wish I did. I know I don't know what really goes on over there, but I want to learn more.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: The Joint Republics of Israel and PalestinePosted: February 2nd, 2013, 3:27 pm
Well yes, you don't want this topic to become an arena for the various arguments on the Israel/Plaestinian issue. But, unfortunately you've created such a possibility due to the basic premise on which you are building this alternative history.

1) If as you say the soviets are fueling Arab extremism and anti-Semetic feelings that would naturally be in Palestine itself, where the Jewish and Palestinian populations were competing for land and political control; so who exactly are these Israeli/Palestinian warplanes meant to be fighting? The Soviets, other States? Each other?

2) In this AU the League of Nations mandate Palestine between the USA and Great Britain, but why? Britain was already in occupation as a result of WWI, and the USA never had any military or political influence (or interest) in that area at that time; and even if it had the British would have told them to go away; the two nations were not allies.

3) You can't recognise the two States and still have political control under foreign powers, that is still a mandate.

4) The road to WWII is fairly accurate, but again its not logical that a neutral USA could be arming an Israeli state, while Great Britain would be arming a Palestinian state. You maybe need to consider that by 1939 Palestine as a land was still very underdeveloped: essentially a very small agricutural land with a small population. Even without splitting this area into two states, it would be very difficult to establish any kind of armed forces, unless paid for entirely by foreign powers; but why? Leaving aside a neutral USA Great Britain would not be in any position to create this puppet state of Palestine, given its own dire situation.

5) You keep mentioning what the US goverment in Israel would be doing: as in declaring war on various Axis powers, so do we agree that there is no independent state of Israel?

I feel that you may be confusing peoples own views on the Israel/Palestinian conflict with a well intentioned critique of the AU that you are postulating. I think we can all accept that there are people of good will on both sides who are working for peace and reconciliation; that for me is a given, and not something I took into account here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: