Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 33 of 50  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3550 »
Aloysius
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 2nd, 2021, 7:42 pm
In the interest of keeping the mutual appreciation game going, lovely additions from everyone, especially Llamabloke's Westland 30, very neat.
Now an open question for you all to mentally masticate, if a helicopter (or other vehicle) has door-guns, how should they be portrayed; manned or unmanned?
Par example, an SAAF Alouette III Gunship...

Better 1?
[ img ]

Or Better 2?
[ img ]

As you can probably I had to kind of fudge the scale of the little door gunner guy, FD scale soldiers are a tad big it seems.
Not sure which one fits the FD-style better...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 2nd, 2021, 8:31 pm
Nice additions.

@Aloysius
Why not have both with and without? Template is big enough. And in regards to scale and well-fitting of the gunner - SB/FD is, among others, an art of compromise. ;)
(And why I'm credited? I don't remember ever touching a drawing of Allouette. ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
Nestin
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 2nd, 2021, 9:27 pm
Great additions everyone :)

Here is something from me. As this year is the formal end 58 years long service of MiG-21 aircraft with Yugoslav and Serbian air force, here are the Fishbeds in colors of Yugoslavia and Serbia. The Yugoslav Air Force has used 216 fighters in versions, MiG-21F13, MiG-21PMF, MiG-21R, MiG-21M, MiG-21MF, MiG-21bis, MiG-21U, MiG-21US and MiG-21UM. The Serbian Air Force has succeed remaining MiG-21bis and MiG-21UM jets that have survived wars of Yugoslavia breakup and NATO bombings. For me personally Fishbed is favorite aircraft, and I will miss its thundering sound.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Aloysius
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 3rd, 2021, 2:56 am
eswube wrote: *
Nice additions.

@Aloysius
Why not have both with and without? Template is big enough. And in regards to scale and well-fitting of the gunner - SB/FD is, among others, an art of compromise. ;)
(And why I'm credited? I don't remember ever touching a drawing of Allouette. ;) )
Yes art of compromise, or what I like to call "Making a round drawing out of square pixels." As for your credit, that's largely an artifact of using your C-47 "Dragon Dak" gunship's 20mm cannon as a starting point for the Allouette's MG151 mount, (I only realized later that the C-47's cannon was a HS.404 in a similar mount not an MG151).

Anyhoo, I decided to go with the "manned" depiction (after all I spent the effort of drawing it), and leave the "unmanned" depiction as an optional insert.

BTW, Nice Migs Nestin.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 3rd, 2021, 9:01 am
llamaman2,
Great to see you back drawing and great to see the Westland 30, not one of the most attractive helicopters ever built, and not one of the most successful, but one that intrigues me.

Aloysius,
That is an interesting question. Either looks good and I have no issue with visible FD figures like gunners in doorways, after all we do draw our aircraft as in flight with pilot silhouettes etc. As eswube says show both if you wish on the same template.

Nestin,
That is a great collection of Yugoslavia and Serbian MiG-21s, really great to see all the various markings over the years.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 3rd, 2021, 9:46 am
@Aloysius
I thought about the cannon for a while, but looked at it closely and it seemed so completely unlike the HS.404... :lol:

@Nestin
Excellent work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
llamaman2
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 3rd, 2021, 12:06 pm
Nestin, that is a truly epic collection of MiG's. Love them :)

@Hood, thanks. Been working on a lot of AU stuff lately and decided that a version of the Westland 30 would fit into it, which is quite literally the only reason I decided to do it ;) like you say, it's a fairly weird little design, kinda Ford Transit-like.

And now I've got a vision of a Royal Mail version of it, piloted by a man with a black and white cat...

Currently working on:
The October War, 27-10-1962 (apparently forever);
"Saxonverse" alt-UK;
Federation of the Channel Islands AU;
Republic of Yopur & Andaman;
some sort of overarching AU;

Regaining my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 3rd, 2021, 8:40 pm
Hood wrote: *
llamaman2,
Great to see you back drawing and great to see the Westland 30, not one of the most attractive helicopters ever built, and not one of the most successful, but one that intrigues me.
agree, interesting to see the WG30 it did have limited sales. I always remember it from the TV movie "Contact"

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 4th, 2021, 7:34 pm
Continuing my Around the World Challenge:

Colombia, HeliJet Airlines Cessna P210N Pressurized Centurion
[ img ]

Comoros, Air Comores Fokker F27-200
[ img ]

Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central Intelligence Agency On Mark B-26K Counter Invader, crewed by Cuban Anti-communists
[ img ]

Republic of the Congo, Lina Congo Boeing 737-2Q5C/Adv
[ img ]

Cook Islands, Air Rarotonga Cessna 550 Citation II
[ img ]

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 18Posted: July 5th, 2021, 2:13 am
I'm loving this series. Keep up the great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 33 of 50  [ 493 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3550 »

Jump to: