Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 50  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4650 »
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 23rd, 2022, 3:47 pm
Love the Chipmunks and Twin Otters

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 24th, 2022, 9:20 am
Savoia Marchetti SM.95C

Initially design work started on the SM.76 in 1937, and by 1939 the design had received more powerful engines and been rebranded as the SM.95C.

[ img ]

As a follow on to the SM.75, the SM.95C had solved Italy's lack of high powered engines by using 4 rather than the usual 3 engines.
With the coming of war the project was suspended, but as Axis victory seemed certain work was continued for a new aircraft for Italy's pending post-war trans-Atlantic service.
As Italy's war fortunes waned only 2 aircraft were completed before the Armistice, and both were taken over by Germany and used by the Luftwaffe.
Two other airframes were still in construction, the third aircraft was completed in 1945 and the fourth soon after, and both were used by the reconstituted Italian air Force.
Post-war a lengthened, upengined version was created, but still with the same designation.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 24th, 2022, 10:26 am
Lots of lovely aircraft! It's been a very productive year for FD scale aircraft.
(I know I promised to complete my Canberra's in 2022 but the year has kind of gotten away from me and other things took over the time!)

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
MattewEx
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 24th, 2022, 5:01 pm
darthpanda wrote: *
Various Law Enforcement Users - de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
[ img ]

UK - de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
[ img ]

Argentina - de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
[ img ]
Amazing job DP, but the color in the Argentine army Twin Otters is more a dark olive rather than black. I would change that
[ img ]

Worklist:
-ROKN Ships
-ROKAF/RSAF Aircrafts
-Real/Never Built Argentinean aircrafts
Complete list here: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10758

[Profile] [Quote]
dy031101
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 25th, 2022, 6:59 am
I would hereby like to request to have my previous submission for the F-16/79 prototype replaced- I did not properly illustrate the forward end of its LERX. Thank you.

General Dynamics F-16/79 Prototype

[ img ]

One half of the FX Export Fighter Program; a F-16 re-engined with the J79 turbojet. Was promoted as an aggressor aircraft after (IIRC) the demise of the FX program.

As the prototype was converted from a FSD F-16, there are some differences in details from production F-16B beyond an engine swap. I can only hope that I caught them all.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 25th, 2022, 6:55 pm
MattewEx wrote: *

Amazing job DP, but the color in the Argentine army Twin Otters is more a dark olive rather than black. I would change that
Thank you for the information, will change it at as I come home.
dy031101 wrote: *
I would hereby like to request to have my previous submission for the F-16/79 prototype replaced- I did not properly illustrate the forward end of its LERX. Thank you.

General Dynamics F-16/79 Prototype

One half of the FX Export Fighter Program; a F-16 re-engined with the J79 turbojet. Was promoted as an aggressor aircraft after (IIRC) the demise of the FX program.

As the prototype was converted from a FSD F-16, there are some differences in details from production F-16B beyond an engine swap. I can only hope that I caught them all.
Thank you for making the /79 version.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
MattewEx
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 28th, 2022, 7:25 pm
Dassault Rafale, B and C. Liveries soon!

[ img ]

Worklist:
-ROKN Ships
-ROKAF/RSAF Aircrafts

[Profile] [Quote]
The_Sprinklez
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 29th, 2022, 4:56 am
USA, F-16C Units of the Air National Guard

[ img ]

Updated to better reflect style criticism from last challenge

Im Schatten des Adlers - An Alternate History Timeline: http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... des_Adlers

Last edited by The_Sprinklez on January 4th, 2023, 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
MattewEx
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: December 31st, 2022, 11:03 pm
Chile, F-16A MLU
[ img ]

Worklist:
-ROKN Ships
-ROKAF/RSAF Aircrafts

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: January 1st, 2023, 3:01 am
Douglas DWC (Douglas World Cruiser)

The aircraft that earned Douglas's moto "First Around The World".

[ img ]

In 1923 the US Air Service decided to investigate having the US military conduct an attempt at the much contested race to achieve a round the world flight. The Douglas DT-2 Cloudster was the closest aircraft suitable for the task, and Douglas proposed a modified version suitable for both floats and wheels as the DWC. A contract for 4 aircraft and spares was awarded, and the last aircraft was delivered on 11 March 1924.
In preparation for the flight, spares (including 15 engines, 14 sets of floats and another 2 aircraft disassembeled as spares) and support were positioned at various locations around the world. The flight commenced on 17 March 1924 from Santa Monica for Seattle. In Seattle the aircraft were fitted with floats. Due to fog delays, the aircraft only continued on to Alaska on 4 April as the first official leg.
With multiple stops 3 aircraft soon prepared to leave the Americas, while the No.1 aircraft "Seattle" had crashed during fog and been destroyed, fortunately without fatalities. The Soviet Union had not given overflight permission, so the flight required a mid-ocean refuelling stop at a tanker vessel, continued down via Japan and Korea, and through IndoChina to Calcutta.
Refitted with wheels the aircraft continued through the Middle East and Europe, and in northern England floats were again refitted for the Atlantic crossing. No.3 aircraft "Boston" suffered an oil pump failure and ditched into the Atlantic. After several hours the aircraft was rescued by a US light cruiser which attempted to tow the aircraft back to shore. Unfortunately rough water capsized the aircraft only a mile from safe harbour.
The remaining 2 aircraft continued via Iceland and Greenland, where both undertook engine changes. In Nova Scotia wheels were refitted, and the prototype DWC was flown up to join the 2 remaining aircraft, flown by the crew of the ditched "Boston". Routing down to Washington, the aircraft then flew across the US to return to Seattle on 28 September.
The flight had taken 175 days, flown 46,580 km, in 371 flight hours. Both aircraft that successfully completed the flight were donated to museums.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 50  [ 494 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4650 »

Jump to: