Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 50  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1350 »
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 22nd, 2022, 11:52 pm
Rainmaker wrote: *
Nice work on those Boeing 707 variants. I do have some doubts about the Beech Model 1080 refueling pod that was utilized on the Brazilian, Canadian, Iranian, and South African variants. To me, it seems to be somewhat lacking in detail and not the most correct shape. This refueling pod used a two-part hinged design in which the drogue was actually extended from the lower part of the refueling pod in flight.

Note that the Italian Air Force 707s actually utilized the Cobham 34” Series Wing Air Refueling Pod, which is a different shape and functions much differently than the Beech Model 1080. You have the Italian variant depicted with the wrong refueling pod in this case.

Additionally, on both variants, the line where the hardpoint for the refueling pod meets the underside of the wing should probably be emphasized with a darker colour. Right now the hardpoint just blends into the underside of the wing which doesn't look right.
Here are the changes, did my best to get it look more like the photos, thickened it and added some detail.
[ img ]

And here is the first set of the C-135 Templates (about 75 variants in total to draw as far as I've counted):
[ img ]

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 23rd, 2022, 1:04 am
Savoia-Marchetti SM.79K in Yugoslav service

Before WWII Yugoslav had received 45 aircraft, and due to Italian domestic needs an order for a further 50 aircraft was not able to be filled.

[ img ]

The actual designataion of the aircraft varies between sources, as the official military designation of the aircraft was SM.79I (I = Iogoslavo), the factory designation was SM.79KI, and yet the aircraft were identical to the standard SM.79M (SM.79K).
The aircraft were delivered in standard Italian camouflage, and in a common trend of the time the aircraft remained in service in their delivery colours. The minimal application of Yugoslav roundels did not provide an obvious differentiation from Italian aircraft, and as trans-Adriatic tensions increased an alternate camouflage scheme was suggesteded. A single aircraft of each of the bomber formations were trialed in the new 2-tone scheme, but the Axis invasion prevented any further work on the project. A potential validation of the new colours was that both aircraft survived the invasion.

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 24th, 2022, 5:57 am
Adding to the series, here are all the US and NATO Boeing 707 Military variants, including the C-137, C-18, T-49, E-3, E-6 and E-8 Families.

[ img ]

Work List:

Last edited by orionfield on June 24th, 2022, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
NorCalLPN
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 24th, 2022, 9:06 am
orionfield wrote: *
Adding to the series, here are all the US and NATO Boeing 707 Military variants, including the C-137, C-18, T-49, E-3, E-6 and E-8 Families.

The YE-8B also had the ESM pods under the outer wings, same as the E-6A/B as they were originally planned to use a common airframe.
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing/ ... 00/1058934
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/51036401268

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 24th, 2022, 4:16 pm
NorCalLPN wrote: *
orionfield wrote: *

The YE-8B also had the ESM pods under the outer wings, same as the E-6A/B as they were originally planned to use a common airframe.
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing/ ... 00/1058934
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/51036401268
Thanks! I made the change, as well as a few other small fixes, and re-uploaded it in my original post.

Work List:

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 25th, 2022, 7:47 am
Excellent additions from everyone, especially the very comprehensive military 707 series.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Anakin_art
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 25th, 2022, 5:06 pm
small update of the colors to put in the same colors as the f-4 phantom of darthpanda

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Marine Corps Air Unit
Swiss Air Force
Kordia AU

[Profile] [Quote]
John_Wolff
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 26th, 2022, 12:22 am
Why are you redoing all of these?

[Profile] [Quote]
Anakin_art
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 26th, 2022, 9:10 am
So they are all with the same color code, which is already more realistic and for example the dark gray under the wings as on the crusader is not the right one if you compare it to the phanton. I still have to modify it

Marine Corps Air Unit
Swiss Air Force
Kordia AU

[Profile] [Quote]
TheTractionCo
Post subject: Re: FD Aircraft 19Posted: June 28th, 2022, 8:42 pm
[ img ]

US Forest Service C-32 Sherpa, I noticed there was quite an absence of firefighting aircraft here in the FD scale world, so I decided to add to that!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 50  [ 494 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1350 »

Jump to: