Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
jabba
Post subject: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 9th, 2011, 1:11 am
There will be more to come. Here's what I got so far...

Sea Harrier FRS Mk1 of 800 Naval Air Squadron, based on HMS Invincible. Armed with sidewinder missiles and drop tanks for combat air patrols in the exclusion zone.
[ img ]

801 NAS, based on HMS Hermes.
[ img ]

809 NAS, flying from Atlantic Conveyer
[ img ]

Hawker-Sidelley Harrier GR.3 based on HMS Hermes, with rocket pods and 1,000 lb bomb.
[ img ]

Avro Vulcan no. 607 of 44 squadron RAF. A B2 Bomber that flew the first of the Black Buck raids on The Falklands from Ascension Island.
[ img ]

Douglas A-4Q Skyhawk of 3 Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque based on ARA Veinticinco de Mayo. Armed with 500lb gravity bombs (Not too visible) and drop tanks for naval strike sorties against the British fleet.
[ img ]

Dassault-Breguet Super Etendard of 2 Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque. Armed with Exocet missile.
[ img ]

FMA IA 58 Pucará of 3 Brigada Aérea. Based at Stanley Airfield.
[ img ]

Fuerza Aérea Argentina UH-1H 'Huey'. Delivered to Stanley for troop movements.
[ img ]

Last edited by jabba on June 10th, 2011, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 9th, 2011, 8:56 am
Nice work. You might want to put the squadrons on the template as well, so that those of us not in the know will have a chance of finding out what's what at a later date.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 9th, 2011, 8:25 pm
This a truely great thread. Some great drawings and nearly all my fave aircraft too!
I was going to do a Vulcan but gave up, this looks smashing and I hope we see more Vulcans from earlier times.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 9th, 2011, 10:08 pm
V-bombers hooray

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Posted: June 10th, 2011, 10:36 am
Post moved

[Profile] [Quote]
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 11th, 2011, 4:51 am
OMG that Vulcan is beautiful!

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 11th, 2011, 10:11 am
Cybermax wrote:
OMG that Vulcan is beautiful!
Hood wrote:
This a truely great thread. Some great drawings and nearly all my fave aircraft too!
I was going to do a Vulcan but gave up, this looks smashing and I hope we see more Vulcans from earlier times.
Thank you!!! There will eventually be earlier Vulcans and other V-bombers...

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Aircraft of The Falklands Conflict - The thread.Posted: June 11th, 2011, 8:17 pm
Indeed a great thread of very nicely done drawings. Hoping to see more from the same conflict, like the helicopters used by the RN, and army as well as Argentinian aircraft.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings”

Jump to: