Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
Glorfindel
Post subject: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 12:01 pm
[ img ]
Motorised Rifle Company
Compromises
- a company headquaters of:
* company commander
* politcal officer
* technical officer
* first sergeant
* messenger
* rifleman/aidman
* BTR driver
* BTR gunner

- a section of SA-7 gunners (one sergeant, 2 x privates)

- a automatic grenade launcher section with 2 x AGS-17

- three platoons, compromises three quads and a platoon leader. One rifleman in the platoon uses a SVD sniper's rifle. In each squad there is a RPG-7 rocket launcher and a PKM machinegun.

In combat all of a motorised rifle company fights. It has no support elements. The company HQ is turned into a combat squad. The three SA-7 gunners, politcial officer, technical officer and first sergeant can each be attached down to platoons, one SA-7 and one of the command personnel to each platoon. In return, each platoon sends two riflemen to the company HQ, making it an effectiv fighting unit.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 12:14 pm
This is a very nice piece of infographic [ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 4:48 pm
Thanks Glorfindel after ships, WW and Modern Army TOEs are my passion and FD scale is a excellent medium to display them.
I have been playing around with MR battalion C&C and Support elements on and off for while now with some of the Micros scale stuff that’s on the Junior Generals web site
I have been collecting TOE,s years now anything that you need please let me know

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 5:18 pm
here is bit of stuff that that I have playing around with the Junior Generals Micro armor
[ img ]

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 1:39 pm
Thanks graham. I am also interested in TO&E's and I like the soviet organization with small and simple units but with a lot of firepower, although I would add some more logistic and some more command support. I have althouth to say, that the soviet organization has a long tradition, there are small diffrencies in the organization between the different units. I have myself some TO&E's about the russians, the book from David C. Isby, the U.S. opfor manuals from the 1980's and some documents in russian. I would like to do the others units of a soviet motor rifle battalion and i did already many vehicles (like GAZ-66, UAZ-452, UAZ-469 and URAL-375) . I still have to do the ZIL-131 kitchen truck and the trailers, although, if I can't any pictures of the soviet trailers I will just take standard trailers. So a picture of the ZIL-131 kitchen truck and the workshop truck would be a help.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 4th, 2011, 2:46 am
Glorfindle

http://www.armouredacorn.com/Orbats/Soviet/Default.htm

Here is a link to the best soucre of Soviet TOE I know of Barry Beldam canada Armour Web site

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: July 4th, 2011, 7:57 am
This is interesting. I used to have a copy of Len Deighton's 'Blitzgreig', where there is a similar schematic for a Panzer group, and that might make an equally good drawing :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: August 10th, 2011, 2:43 pm
I am still working on the trailers for the soviet motor rifle battalion. In the meantime I did the east german motor rifle company. It is not so interesting, because it is similar to the soviet one.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: August 10th, 2011, 10:31 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: Organization & Equipment of a Soviet Motor Rifle CompanyPosted: August 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: