Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 50 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 148 49 50 51 5255 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 21st, 2016, 9:31 am
Great additions DP!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 21st, 2016, 10:03 am
An excellent addition DP.
Some minor corrections:
I've seen one BAe 3-view published in a couple of articles that indicates only 3 windows per side (1 just behind the forward cabin door, 1 under the wing (probably blocked in side view by the engines) and 1 just ahead of the aft cabin door).
I think the 3-view you've used, which I seen on google images too, with the airliner windows retained is a (overall fairly good) kitbash attempt.
The nose probe should terminate level with the tip of the nose cone.
The name should be BAe 146 MRA (or Military Rear Loader). The BAe 146M is a much later 2009 conversion programme without a rear door.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWolf
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 21st, 2016, 5:43 pm
darthpanda wrote:
British Aerospace BAE146M
[ img ]
I guess, good old Jeremy Clarkson would call her the 'J Lo Bird' for obvious reasons. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 11:52 am
excellent plans

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 23rd, 2016, 4:36 am
De Havilland Comet 5

http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history- ... t-5-a.html
https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive ... 01537.html

Would like to see this, although references are very limited.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: October 15th, 2016, 4:16 pm
All my previously missing drawings are now re-uploaded (1 or 2 sadly resized).
Also updated the links on page 1.

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: October 16th, 2016, 2:24 am
Jolly Well Done Hoody my old China, especially on the P.1154. I also particually like the Hawker Siddeley HS.125 AEW :D

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: October 16th, 2016, 3:42 am
Hood wrote:
[ img ]
Westland Supersonic Rotor Helicopter 1973

Only the rotors of this design were supersonic!
In the 1970s Westland designed a number of supersonic rotor helicopters, most were compound helicopters, but this design from 22 June 1973 is probably among the first proposed. The rotor diameter was 49ft 3in, loaded weight 33,500lbs and it would have three Avco Lycoming LTC.4V1 turboshafts. The plan shows armament of one Sidewinder balanced by a fuel tank on the other stub wing. Whether this design had ASW capability I'm not sure but it seems to have space for 3-4 crew so might have carried A/S torpedoes etc. in pods and a pure fighter-use seems unlikely, but self-defence might be useful as well as dealing with any Ka-25/27 it comes across in the GIUK gaps. The noise of the rotors would have been incredible and this is just one a series of amazing ideas Westland have come up with. I hope to show more in forthcoming posts.
Is this still the plan please matey, or has te imputas left you now?

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: October 16th, 2016, 9:16 am
I have some unfinished works yet to complete, as time and impetus allows!

Super-Darings

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraftPosted: March 19th, 2017, 7:22 am
Supermarine 316/317/318

[ img ]

Final part of triptych of prewar British designs terminated by WWII.
The termination of the Supermarine 316/317/318 bomber was the most significant victory of the Luftwaffe's early strategic bombing campaign.
Initial successful design for the RAF's heavy bomber programme, the Shorts Stirling was also ordered for prototype aircraft as an "insurance aircraft" in the event of problems with the Supermarine design.
The 317 was designed with a choice of 4 different engines, a massive vertical tail, Supermarine designed defensive turrets, and a novel deltoid wing - with bomb bays though the wings out to the outer engine nacelles.
Significant reworking of the design, including a new Large Spitfire-style oval wing, was sufficient to change the designation to 317 for the Hercules-engined version, and 318 for the Merlin-engined version. Work on the Merlin version was eventually halted, and the 317 prototypes put into construction.
Luftwaffe bombing destroyed the prototypes before completion, and destroyed the construction facility and design data. With no ability to continue the bomber, the Stirling was ordered into production.
If production had continued, the Stirling would have not progressed. The Merlin version would have been brought into production, and the effort expended to create the world-beating Lancaster from the disastrous Manchester would have instead been devoted to the 317/318.
The 318 is modeled as a matured design, with the aircraft depicted as an aircraft that was a actually a Lancaster bomber.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 50 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 148 49 50 51 5255 »

Jump to: