Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 48 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5055 »
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: July 18th, 2016, 7:51 pm
was there a project to make a british MPA out out of BaE146 or Airbus?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: July 18th, 2016, 8:58 pm
No dedicated Airbus based MPAs come to mind but there was one based on what would become the 146, the BAe 829D. Searchwater in the nose with a weapons bay and powered by RB.401 turboprops.

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: July 31st, 2016, 10:35 pm
I believe it was called 'Barracuda', but I don't know if that's a fan name or real BAe project name.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 5th, 2016, 2:15 pm
Just following the Airbus trend:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 5th, 2016, 2:48 pm
FANTASTIC work Kike :!:

Jolly Well Done old chap... It would be nice to see some more Airbus derivatives in RAF colours :D

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:26 pm
was always amazed the A300 wasn't bought by someone as a tanker/transport

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 6th, 2016, 8:12 am
KIKE92, is your A300B4 K.2 a real never-were or an AU drawing?
If its pure AU then it belongs in the FD AU thread as this thread is for real never-were designs.
But, I think the drawing looks very good!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 6th, 2016, 8:56 am
Hood wrote:
KIKE92, is your A300B4 K.2 a real never-were or an AU drawing?
If its pure AU then it belongs in the FD AU thread as this thread is for real never-were designs.
But, I think the drawing looks very good!
I do believe that when the FSTA project was put out for tender (Later won by AirTanker Ltd) one of the tenders (Omega I believe) proposed to lease a mix of new build and second-hand airframes as part of the then "up to 28" aircraft for the RAF long lease project and the Airbus A300 was one of the airframes they looked at offering at the time.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 6th, 2016, 4:47 pm
Thanks squizzy, in that case I stand corrected!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: Alternative Never-Were British AircraPosted: August 6th, 2016, 10:23 pm
Hood wrote:
Thanks squizzy, in that case I stand corrected!
The whole RAF FSTA Project and the PFI requirements is an interesting as well as a "what not to do" in Defence/Defense projects and the finial 2 Competitors that got picked for final process-
•Joint EADS-Airbus, Thales UK, VT Group & Cobhams AirTanker Ltd Group (winner) with A330 MRTT
•Joint British Airways, BAe Systems, Marshalls & Serco Tanker Transport Services Consortium (runner up) with Ex-BA 767-300ER (RB211) KC-767 Conversion
I wonder if a runner up What if 767-300 will float up in the future ;)

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 48 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5055 »

Jump to: