Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 81 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page « 179 80 81 82 8397 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 10th, 2019, 8:31 am
ToxicLoki
I have some remarks about these Condors.
First of all, are ALL of these are based on actual projects, or some of them (especially these C2, MRA and tankers) are actually just fan-art (either your own or based on someone elses work from the net)?
Secondly, I'm pretty sure that if built, they would have much more panel lines (especially on the aft part of the fuselage and tail) etc. I know it's challenging to do them in a "realistically looking way", but it could and IMHO should be attempted (look for example at Hood's work in the Project Cancelled thread).
Thirdly, I'm not sure about the shape of the fuselage in the intake area - on Your drawing it looks like it ends rather abruptly and then continues with a smaller diameter inside the intake - most of the drawings (not being just fan-art) available in the net show rather conical/rounded shape of that part.

(https://16c905ae-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0)

And lastly - that horrible anti-aliasing in the word Condor... :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Toxic Loki
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 11th, 2019, 10:53 am
eswube wrote: *
ToxicLoki
I have some remarks about these Condors.
First of all, are ALL of these are based on actual projects, or some of them (especially these C2, MRA and tankers) are actually just fan-art (either your own or based on someone elses work from the net)?
Secondly, I'm pretty sure that if built, they would have much more panel lines (especially on the aft part of the fuselage and tail) etc. I know it's challenging to do them in a "realistically looking way", but it could and IMHO should be attempted (look for example at Hood's work in the Project Cancelled thread).
Thirdly, I'm not sure about the shape of the fuselage in the intake area - on Your drawing it looks like it ends rather abruptly and then continues with a smaller diameter inside the intake - most of the drawings (not being just fan-art) available in the net show rather conical/rounded shape of that part.

(https://16c905ae-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0)

And lastly - that horrible anti-aliasing in the word Condor... :(

The IA-36 was a real project for a supersonic passenger airliner designed by Kurt Tank, this all versions are my interpretation of some examples that i found in internet forums and galleries.
The pics are a firt aproximation of the final drawings, i will approach it when i've more information.

[Profile] [Quote]
Toxic Loki
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: August 11th, 2019, 10:59 am
Hispano Suiza HS RBL-36

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 5th, 2019, 1:36 am
Douglas Model 1940

Every manufacturer has attempted to build a DC-3 replacement, and in 1957 Douglas described their model 1940 as their own attempt to design a new DC-3.

[ img ]

Designed as a pressurised, 4-engined medium airliner, the 1940 was marketed in 1957 as the DC-9, some sources say DC-10 but that is out of sequence at that time. Douglas had a very arcane internal engineering model numbering system, and only allocated the Douglas Commercial DC- moniker to various models when the design was released to market. For designs that failed to find a market (like the original DC-4) the DC- number was recycled for the next design. Unfortunately the 1940 gained no orders and was never constructed.
Douglas also designed a military transport version, with no pressurisation and a rear cargo ramp. It also did not progress beyond the design phase.
The 1940 is illustrated in Douglas house colours as the DC-9, and the 1940A is illustrated in the colours worn by a C-7A Caribou in USAF service.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheepster
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 5th, 2019, 1:43 am
Douglas Model 1906

Simultaneously with the 1940, Douglas also designed a navalised version for the USN and USMC.

[ img ]

The model 1906 was similar the the 1940A offered to the US Army, but featured a shorter fuselage and modifications for carrier operations, with arrestor gear and folding wings and tail. An AEW version with a rotating dish was also proposed - the dish also designed to fold flat onto the fuselage for storage. In competion with Grumman designs, again neither design was built.
The 1906 is illustrated in the colours worn by a C-2A Greyhound, and the 1906C in the colours of an E-1B Tracer.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 5th, 2019, 8:36 am
Wonderful work Sheepster, good to see you back in drawing action!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 5th, 2019, 11:29 am
Great to see You back indeed!
Very interesting. Drawing-wise I'd only say that it's a pity You're not trying to "invent" the panel lines, details etc.

Never-were Dornier Do 215 operators (all these countries expressed interest in buying these planes or even ordered them, but orders were not fulfilled).

Dornier Do 215, Netherlands, Sweden, Yugoslavia
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 12th, 2019, 10:10 am
Douglas XB-31

[ img ]

The Douglas XB-31 (or Douglas Model 322) was Douglas' proposal for a very long range bomber for USAAF (other competitors were the Lockheed XB-33, the Boeing B-29 and the Consolidated B-32). The XB-31 was larger and had the "bug eyes" that carried the XB-42 and C-74. The XB-31 was not selected but was used as a base for the strategic cargo aircraft C-74 Globemaster.

Greetings

P.D.: I just found out that the plane had already been drawn (quite better) by Sheepster and Eswuve. My drawing is original but I'll add it to the credits. I'm sorry

[Profile] [Quote]
The_Sprinklez
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 17th, 2019, 1:35 am
Avro Canada VTOL Fighter - Response to US Navy Specification TS-140

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Im Schatten des Adlers - An Alternate History Timeline: http://shipbucket.com/wiki/index.php/Ca ... des_Adlers

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Never Built DesignsPosted: October 17th, 2019, 8:03 am
Very nice work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 81 of 97  [ 968 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 179 80 81 82 8397 »

Jump to: